Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday MDT chassis 3D printed furniture 6.5.creedmore build. Just because I can.

Black Friday MDT chassis 3D printed furniture 6.5.creedmore build. Just because I can.

First print The monopod.

For the donor I'm going with an accutrigger 110 270 I picked up a few years back for $185 at a pawn shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next up, thanks to mussy on thingiverse for an awesome design.

5 days into a six day print

Awesome! Been looking to get into this as a hobby. Where are you finding the files for these?
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Black Friday MDT chassis 3D printed furniture 6.5.creedmore build. Just because I can.

This one came from thingiverse, grabcad is another. Most of the stuff I do I design in fusion360 modeling software
    Windows 10 even has decent modeling software built in. An Ender3 printer can be had for $200. Simplify3d printing software is $125 add plastic and your good to go.

Basic Member
    Commenting on this thread for a couple of reasons... I got in on the Black Friday MDT chassis deal too, for my model 10. Through an order screwup, though, I'm still waiting for it. An LSS showed up last week instead of the LSS-XL I wanted.

Second thing, on printing... I was looking at possibly getting one of these 2-round M-LOK quivers... but man, are they pricey! I started thinking about getting a 3D printer just to try printing one. What do you think?

Model 10 FCP-SR | Vortex Viper PST | Schuler Brake

That’s cool I’ve never seen one should be an easy design if a file isn’t already available.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninner View Post
    That’s cool I’ve never seen one should be an easy design if a file isn’t already available.
    I haven't found one yet, but I've only checked Thingiverse. I have zero 3D printing experience, but my brother suggested an Ender and maybe I'll pick one up in 2020 to fool around with.

An ender3 is what I use, I’ve been playing around in 3D builder in windows 10 this morning here’s what I built for 7wsm

Well when it all settled out the MDT long action chassis ended up being a 300 win mag and the 6.5 creedmore is in a lefty axis MDT chassis I found on eBay. I redesigned the stock and it’s reprinting out of some really tough stuff I usually make gears from. Moral of the story is given the time, effort and cost of material I should have just bought a luthAR stock and called it good. But then I wouldn’t have learned about 2 shot quivers and designed one for damn near every caliber I own. Below is a pic of the mdt axis chassis, I really like the pistol grip.

Basic Member
    Moral of the story is given the time, effort and cost of material I should have just bought a luthAR stock and called it good. But then I wouldn’t have learned about 2 shot quivers and designed one for damn near every caliber I own...
    Glass half full, I like it.

If you feel like printing one in .308 for me, I'll happily fork over something for it. It may be the nudge I need to get into printing.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
    Glass half full, I like it.

If you feel like printing one in .308 for me, I'll happily fork over something for it. It may be the nudge I need to get into printing.
    Actually have some printing today, have to see how they turn out. Here is the first part of the modified stock. It needs a little sanding and some flat black epoxy but it looks good so far. I added the Savage 300 Win mag stenciling to the side and reworked the internals in the back to take a 3/8 carriage bolt I’m going to use for a monopod. The plastic I’m using is RYNO from matter hackers. It’s expensive but stronger than crap and prints very well. if you look closely at the mag you can see where I had to modify it to accommodate the back shelf on the stagger feed receiver.

Basic Member
    I like the custom elements in the stock: Savage, 300 Win Mag. It looks like it printed really well. Monopods are another otherwise expensive thing that seem to lend themselves to printing.

Actually have some printing today, have to see how they turn out. Here is the first part of the modified stock. It needs a little sanding and some flat black epoxy but it looks good so far. I added the Savage 300 Win mag stenciling to the side and reworked the internals in the back to take a 3/8 carriage bolt I’m going to use for a monopod. The plastic I’m using is RYNO from matter hackers. It’s expensive but stronger than crap and prints very well. if you look closely at the mag you can see where I had to modify it to accommodate the back shelf on the stagger feed receiver.

Here are my proof of concept 3006 and 308 quivers, I went with a minimalist look and will beef it up if it doesn’t hold up. I’m probably going to double the thickness of the front and back rings on the next run.

Basic Member
    Well... I just got a large hint that there’s an Ender 3 under the tree for me. So maybe I’ll be hitting you up for some files...

No problem

Got a chance to sight her in at 100yds, I’m very happy with the accuracy this is factory Winchester 150 gr. At 100 yds off a bipod with a trigger pull right at 6.5 lbs. after I get the old 3 screw down to 3ish lbs I expect the groups to get a lot tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk BBC BBC

The stock modified for a monopod, yes it’s currently a 3/8ths carriage bolt but in 10 minutes on the lathe I can make it pretty.

Basic Member
    The stock modified for a monopod, yes it’s currently a 3/8ths carriage bolt but in 10 minutes on the lathe I can make it pretty.

I think the carriage bolt has more character than the monopod does. I'd leave it.

The carriage bolt and the printed stock are thematically accurate to the Fallout series of videogames. Not that you were going for that theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo117 View Post
    I think the carriage bolt has more character than the monopod does. I'd leave it.

The carriage bolt and the printed stock are thematically accurate to the Fallout series of videogames. Not that you were going for that theme.
    No but since I’ve played fallout 4 maybe it was subliminal.

3 shot rail mount quiver. My son picked the skull design. If I only had some gold filament this this thing could be blinged right up.

Basic Member
    Here are my proof of concept 3006 and 308 quivers, I went with a minimalist look and will beef it up if it doesn’t hold up. I’m probably going to double the thickness of the front and back rings on the next run.
    Is that something you can share? This will be my first 3D print project, most likely. I can't use your block with the skull design because it'll be going on M-LOK and not pic rail

Basic Member
    I haven't received an email from you yet, but I did find this. Exactly what I was looking for, and I could only find it by searching for "308."

Wow good find, it looks like the one the guy is selling. I was in the deer stand when I got your text and forgot. I’ll send it when I get home. I designed a sled that should snap in place of an axis long action mag last night. This was the first time I imported a picture to create a 3d object. I’m a little blown away by the amount of horse power included in windows 10.

Decided to try my hand at epoxy cast resin for the sled. I need to work on my mold making technique a little but this stuff is rock solid. I’m considering using the mag to make the mold and skipping the design and 3D printing part. This stuff is a little on the pricey side though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast