Thread: awesome new stock

Basic Member

awesome new stock

Basic Member
    this is the new pro mag aas10 archangel carbon glass infused polymer stock on my savage trophy huntre 308 model 10.
    the stock is for second AND third generations . its the same stock with the elliptical washer flipped either way you can accommodate both size action screw spacing.
    AND YOU CAN have either bottom bolt or top bolt release . pic one shows little lever release just over trigger guard . there is a space in top of action inlet foe top bolt lever release .
    the mag goes in and drops free easily . 2.815 max oal . the cheek riser adjusts to over an inch and the butt stock to over an inch . get specks on pro mag site . it is stiff polymer .
    a barley visible seam on underside of stock its not cheep feeling . adjustments are stiff but very workable no wobble detected fit was tight took couple slaps to seat it down. once seated the pillars allowed a German type torque application. GOODENTIGHT . the fore end will allow bull barrels to sporter type. for me this seems like a home run . adjustable lop and cheek rise
    detatchabe 7 round mag with an optional 5 round limiter for mag . and available 10 round mag for under 40 bucks. fits all sizes gen II AND III . looks sharp with 3 6 and 9 oclock attachment points for m loc and qd attachments no qd cups. only thing is you have to lower cheek riser to remove bolt . mag loads and has run and ejected well from bench . will give range report when weather lets up in north east. the rest of rig is a whitt machine clamp on muzzle brake . minox za 5i 5 x 25 x 56

Basic Member
    the scope was under 300 dollars new very very bright with mrad illuminated recital . hd optics ask me how if interested ill give you info by the way its german glass . turrets lift up to rotate and than snap down and it has a side focus .

Basic Member
    oops best part was it was under 200 bucks delivered.

Basic Member
    Glad it's working out for you....max OAL of 2.815" would be a non-starter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdombuilder View Post
    oops best part was it was under 200 bucks delivered.
    Hot dog. How does it shoot now?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    ill have to get it to range after weather breaks in north east

Basic Member
    how do i get thread moved to 110 section . i posted pics first time but in wrong thread

Nice,
    off to see if they have one that will work on the 110 "tactical"

Basic Member
    As long as it is a short action it will fit .

I've shot one of these stocks on a 10/22 and they're very comfortable and ergonomic, but something just doesn't look right here. Is it just me or does the action look like it's sitting very high in the stock - like the inlet isn't deep enough? Usually the gas vent ports just barely sit above the stock line, but in these pics they look like they're well above it. Also, what's the deal with the HUGE gap between the forend and barrel? I get that it's a sporter barrel and the stock is setup for a heavy barrel, but even with taking that into account that gap is like 2-3x bigger than what it should be.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    safety is set down tight so i think its made to look like that. does look like it rides a little high all around.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    I've shot one of these stocks on a 10/22 and they're very comfortable and ergonomic, but something just doesn't look right here. Is it just me or does the action look like it's sitting very high in the stock - like the inlet isn't deep enough? Usually the gas vent ports just barely sit above the stock line, but in these pics they look like they're well above it. Also, what's the deal with the HUGE gap between the forend and barrel? I get that it's a sporter barrel and the stock is setup for a heavy barrel, but even with taking that into account that gap is like 2-3x bigger than what it should be.
    Look at the Oryx chassis....same thing. Mine look like they could fit a howitzer action in there, but they shoot fantastically.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190312_183019-001.jpg  

Basic Member
    i thought the same thing but the provided bolts are socked in good . before i put stock in i had bolts in pillars they seemed to stick above pillars the right amount to engage action threads . there is zero slop in stock . the tang sits down properly and the action is level with line of stock . i agree barrel seems high. i have seen this type of fit on other stocks i believe . it absolutley seems to be free floated. i think i can even slip a dollar bill under barrel . ill have to remove mag and ensure action is bottomed out. but it seems level. for me small potatoes if it shoots good ill let you know .

Basic Member
    looking at the orix pic it seems the same height as it is.

Basic Member
    I'll have to agree with Jim...something doesn't look right. It could be that the recoil lug is bottomed out.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    How is that Limb Saver De-Resonator working for you?
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Ok... glad you like it. Not my cup of tea. I’m old and like wood and steel. Good luck with it.

Basic Member
    The limbsaver deresonator did help tighten groups a little. For the cost it was worth it . I think the muzzle brake helped more only by way of making barrel heavier in front .

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post
    Ok... glad you like it. Not my cup of tea. I’m old and like wood and steel. Good luck with it.
    Me too but times are changing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk