Thread: 12 LRPV Weight?

12 LRPV Weight?

I am trying to figure out how much weight I have to give to a new barrel to still meet the FTR weight limit. I have a 12LRPV in 223. Can anyone tell me either the weight of the factory gun minus the barrel or the weight of the factory barrel? I'd rather not take the barrel off just to get the numbers I need. Thanks.

8.5 kilograms correct? 18lb's 11.8 oz's correct. I don't have the answer to the question you are asking but you could have a good idea by taking the specific weights of your individual components into account.The gun from the factory weighs 11lbs. Your scope and mounts should not weigh more than 3lbs. Your pod is less than a lb. Your barrel could be 3 lbs more that what the original is. Have you ever been to a match where they pulled out scales?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    McGowen Precision Barrels has on their website a Barrel Weight Calculator. You can use it to calculate the weight of Your current barrel, or a barrel You contemplate ordering. I just used it to help plan a build for IBS/GBA Light Gun class. They weigh every match.