Thread: My Two latest builds.

Banned

My Two latest builds.

Not Savages, but I wanted to share as I built both from 80% receivers! No FFL, no PICS, NO SERIAL NUMBERS! I am truly delighted I live in one of the most firearms friendly States in our country.

The first is another AR for my son. He has a Spikes Tactical lower already and 2 Uppers..5.56 & 7.62. He would simply swap back & forth. But he decided he wanted another complete lower. I’ve had this Billet 80% for some time, just hadn’t gotten around to it. So I machined it up and is now a 16” lightweight. Tips the scales at 6lbs. 12oz.

Second build is a pistol I did for myself. Been eyeing these Polymer80 frames (for Glock parts), since about 2014 or so. But my research revealed they were kinda plagued with small problems. I’ve wanted a smaller carry gun for a couple years now, and I’ve been researching these new style frames for several months. Looks like they ironed out ALL the problems, granted it’s machined correctly.
    Before machining. Still has the raised sections of the rails, and solid wall in the channel. (Where the recoil rod/spring sits.)

Jig clamped for milling.

All machined, pin holes drilled and awaiting sanding.

Rails, & frame parts installed.

Finished pistol. Using a stock Glock 26 Barrel, Trigger bar/housing & connector. All other parts are stock replacements made by Shadow Systems. Replacing all the MIM parts with billet steel. And I’m using Magpul 12rd mags with the extended. I can juuust put my whole BEAR PAW around it, but nothing to spare! Great concealment ability.

Awesome Dave. You and I have never let our handicaps slow us down. I am very fortunate to have the use of both arms so I have been able to build and tune compound bows. It is what we live for.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Would you believe Robin, the year of my accident(2014), I was set on getting into Compound Bows. I was itching to get back to hunting here in Pa., and archery is the way to go here on the East side of the state! I had been researching bows months prior to being disabled..and with my nature, I’d probably be building them at this point, LOL!

But you are correct Robin. Just need to feel blessed with the gifts we are given. Can’t shut down because of the bad situations in our lives.

Basic Member
    very cool

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT BEACH View Post
    very cool
    Well thank you Capt. As it is, I’m actually at it again, LOL!

Yes Sir !!.....The brother hood of throwing chips.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Banned
    Yup, roger that. And how bout this...every firearm I now own, I built. Either from a stripped receiver(like my Savage 10 bench gun & 1911), or 80% receivers I finish machine(like my ARs and my carry pistol). The days of my owning a dozen or more guns in different calibers are long gone! Not my bag anymore. I couldn’t afford to feed them all anyway. And In all honesty, I actually enjoy Gunsmithing & building firearms more than I like shooting them. Now I have only my Ar15s(223), Savage Bench rifle(260 Remington), my custom hand built 1911(45acp/Super) & my P80SC carry pistol in 9mm.(Which is like a really nice Glock26 with better internals!) Eventually I’ll build another 22lr. I did always enjoy having one of those. But other than that I’m perfectly content, and very happy with my wares.

As always this is my deal...other’s results may vary.