Thread: RE: Mark ii BTV, no one responded to my last action screw question...

RE: Mark ii BTV, no one responded to my last action screw question...

I'm re-posting this, taken from my original post: SEE VIDEO: https://gofile.io/?c=JlcTYI Turn up your volume to hear the action rocking up and down.

Is it normal for the action/barrel to rock up and down like this without the action screws installed?

It makes me wonder, because if the action rocks up and down like that, - even slightly, doesn't that mean that there's a high spot in the front of the belly of the stock - where the front receiver screw would be fastened? Or, a low spot in the route at the rear underneath the tang?

If put in the rear screw first, which pulls the receiver snug to the inside of the stock, then the front of the barrel rises slightly. If I then install the front action screw and tighten it, isn't there an imbalance in the torque/coupling of the action in the stock?

I'm thinking, if it was glass bedded at the rear, to take up that space somewhat, to stop the rocking motion, then the action would be aligned evenly when the action screws are tightened?

Is this correct logic?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mk2btv; 11-13-2019 at 08:57 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Basic Member
    Try installing both screws hand tight, then gradually tighten them both to 25 inch/lbs. The barrel should be tight in the stock. Then see if it shoots good groups.