This rifle is relatively new. I’ve had it probably 18 months, put approx. 150 rounds through it. I hand load all my ammunition, and have for the past 30 years.

I went through my normal load build ups, found one that groups well, loaded 100 rnds and put it in the closet, taking it out to the range to shoot 5-6, 5 shot groups. Alls well and normal. The last time out I had a FTF rnd, next shot as did a couple more. Next group had 4 misfires, but shot a couple more times from the FTF rnds. The next 5 shot group all FTF and I packed up and went home.

Day or 2 later I disassemble the bolt, clean and inspect, reassemble. Didn’t find anything out of the ordinary, wiped everything dry (used Break Free cleaner). Took the rifle out again, shot 2 rnds and started misfiring again.

Firing pin protrudes .050” or less, bolt head clean, bullet seat clears the lands, case was full sized once shot brass (all are full sized once shot LC brass), does not seem loose but haven’t accurately verified the clearance.

I’m of the opinion the spring has prematurely weakened. What do you guys think?

Keith