I decided to post this in the Axis forum versus the 110 figuring to get more Axis shooters to respond. All the Savages I have owned to this point have been 10/110 derivatives, so know nothing about the Axis line other than what has been posted online.

I have decided my next rifle will be a "semi-custom" build, meaning intention is to replace stock and make other smaller upgrades to improve consistency meaning accuracy. Rifles purpose will be 85% hunting and 15% range shooting for practice/fun.

Looking at the new offerings and the price, the Axis II with the Accutrigger seems to be the best "value for the buck" for a starting point by a reasonable margin. I would include the Cabela's 12FV in the mix, but leaning towards a 270win for the next build.

So, questions for the crowd:
1. Near as I can tell, the major difference from a performance/consistency/accuracy standpoint between the Axis II and the 110 series is the recoil lug - is this correct or have I completely missed something?
2. For those that own both, is there anything you miss from a usage, cleaning, performance standpoint on the Axis II?
3. For those that own both, why would you buy a new 110 series instead of an Axis II?
4. Has anyone purchased an Axis II that wasn't up to the accuracy or quality you expected?

Any and all comments good and bad appreciated.