Thread: 10 fcp-sr

Basic Member

10 fcp-sr

Hi There.....just joined from the KC area.

A few years ago I picked up a Model 10 FCP-SR with 20" bbl. I find myself never using the detachable magazine, and am wondering if anyone makes bottom metal in a hinged floorplate confirguration? I'd also give consideration to a different bottom metal that accepts a flush mount magazine (if such a thing exists).

Any help for starting my search would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    joe

Which style of magazine does your FCP-SR use? The first year they came equipped with bottom metal for AICS-style magazines, then the next year they switched to using standard bottom metal that accepted Savage's magazines as they came out with their own 10-round (actually 9-round) magazine.

If you have the Savage 10rd mag you can just buy a factory 3-5 round magazine for your current bottom metal which will be flush with the bottom of the stock (same mag's they use on the hunting rifles).

Not sure about the AICS bottom metal as IIRC it was made by Accurate Mag. I THINK it uses the same inlet, but I'm not 100% sure as I've never owned one. Plenty of guys on here bought those so I'm sure someone will chime in with a more definitive answer.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    It's the version with the Savage magazines........I looked on Brownell's for the flush mount mags, and they were listed as discontinued (though I may have been looking at the wrong item). I'll keep digging int that option, as it will probably be the quickest.

Thanks!

What cartridge do you need the mag for?
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member

Everywhere I'm checking seems to be out of stock as far as the major retailers go. Best bet is to go right to the source..,

https://store.savagearms.com/categor...alue_+308+WIN.

Basic Member
    Thanks Sir

Basic Member
    I have a 10T-SR, which is compatible with FCP mags (I bought a 10(9)-round FCP mag as a spare a few months ago). I would trade my 4-round flush fitting mag for your 9-round version. PM me if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3.Drums View Post
    I have a 10T-SR, which is compatible with FCP mags (I bought a 10(9)-round FCP mag as a spare a few months ago). I would trade my 4-round flush fitting mag for your 9-round version. PM me if you're interested.
    He doesn't have enough posts to have access to the PM system yet.

Basic Member
    Ahhh. JoeJoe, just reply to this thread if you're interested.

Basic Member
    Hey Chris......ordered via J. Baker's link above.....appreciate the offer, and if something falls through, I'll let you know.

Basic Member
    Cool. I found tons of good info here, which is how I learned about the 10FCP/Cabelas10T mags being compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3.Drums View Post
    Cool. I found tons of good info here, which is how I learned about the 10FCP/Cabelas10T mags being compatible.
    All of the centerfeed DBM's are compatible, you just need to know if you have the Axis style or the Premium style (for lack of a better name) and if it's a S/A or L/A. Axis has the mag release on the magazine, Premium has the mag release as part of the bottom metal on the rifle.

Of course those rifles that come with AICS-style magazines have to use AICS style magazines.

Basic Member
    Magazine arrived today! Flush mount version is much nicer than the factory 10-rounder, and to my surprise has a metal base plate (which matches the bottom metal finish very well). I was also surprised by the very positive "snap" into place when seated........thanks J.Baker for the suggestion.

On a side note, waiting on a new bolt handle to replace the goofy oversized and long OEM handle.....hopefully it'll be "pic worthy" soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    Flush mount version is much nicer than the factory 10-rounder, and to my surprise has a metal base plate (which matches the bottom metal finish very well). I was also surprised by the very positive "snap" into place when seated...
    Look closely: they're the same. The only difference is that the "10rnd" mag has a doubled-up spring and that big boxy hollow floorplate.

If your 10rnd mag isn't snapping into place, then you can usually bend the sheet metal that engages the bottom metal a bit to fix it.

Basic Member
    I did that very thing about a year ago, and it worked great. Switched over to the flush mount for hunting/hiking purposes....that 10-rounder was digging into my ribs.