Thread: Occasionally Removing Sling Swivels from Accustock

Basic Member

Occasionally Removing Sling Swivels from Accustock

Will the Accustock tolerate in and out of sling swivels studs without stripping plastic threads?

Yesterday I used my DR Greenlaw rest and Protektor rabbit rear bag for the first time. Would be easier to find a home position without the swivel studs. Just looking for confidence the Accustock will not strip out. I do use the shoulder strap so want to keep the function.

The front screw should screw into the aluminum skeleton of the AccuStock so that shouldn't be a problem. The rear one I've removed quite often for shooting from the bench and have never had an issue, just don't go crazy when reinstalling it.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    I have removed all of the rear swivels screws from all my Savages so they won't bounce off my Protektor rear bag.
    I keep them in a box in my work bench I case I ever want to use a sling.

I use a F-class Sinclair bipod on my target rifles so I keep the front swivel.

Basic Member
    Thanks, guys.

The first experience with the rest was positive, did leave room for improvement. Aligning the rear bag and front rest was a task as the bench cold have been longer. I have two front bags, one medium width and one narrow for Accustock forearms. I used the wider bag thinking It would work for both SSS Monte Carlo Sporter and Accustock, a little loose for Accustock but still stable.

For an hour slot at the range I got off 6 rounds plus cleaning. Sighted in for the season.

If the rear does loosen up: put a coat of paste wax on the stud and let it dry and then put a toothpick full of most any two-part epoxy in the hole and then thread in the stud to where you want it (doesn't have to be tight). After it dries back out the stud and clean off the wax and reinstall the stud. You'll be good for another two dozen in/outs.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik