Thread: Article: Savage 110-Series Stock Configurations

Article: Savage 110-Series Stock Configurations

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Great idea Sir!!!

Unless I'm missing it your chart leaves out the early 4.40" Target 3 screw action and stock. I've seen this cause a lot of confusion in sales/trades with the 3.440" target 3 screw actions and stocks.

In my experience you can use a 2 screw 4.40" action in a 3 screw stock and vice versa as long as the recoil lug is compatible.

The chart above is good information and needed, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5savageguy View Post
    Unless I'm missing it your chart leaves out the early 4.40" Target 3 screw action and stock. I've seen this cause a lot of confusion in sales/trades with the 3.440" target 3 screw actions and stocks.

In my experience you can use a 2 screw 4.40" action in a 3 screw stock and vice versa as long as the recoil lug is compatible.

The chart above is good information and needed, Thanks!
    The reason the 3-screw 4.40" isn't listed in the chart is for exactly the reason you mentioned - any 2-screw 4.40 stock can be used with it.

As for the 3.40" actions, "technically" those are only supposed to come on pre-built factory rifles that already come with use specific high quality stocks. While some have shipped out as bare actions, they're few and far between. Also, none of the major stock makers offers stocks for the 3.40" actions, so it really doesn't apply to "readily available" aftermarket stocks.

In the end, it falls back on knowing what you have and if you have a 3.40" action it's pretty obvious.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Hi guys so hopefully this is the right place to be. I’m Jose live in Wyoming. 42 love to hunt and fish. But I have a question cuz I’m a lost soul. I have a 7mm Savage Model-110 c Series j. Then below that it has a number 3 all I can tell u I do want a nice stock with a thumb hole. Also sorry it has a stainless Stella barrel.

Newby so I hope my question in not in the wrong place. I am presently in the process of re-barreling and putting a new stock, or chassis, on my old model 16 bind, stagger feed Savage .243; re-barreling to 7mm-08 for long distant target shooting. Presently, the bolt runs perfectly on my old 16 but I was considering converting the gun to a 10 shot DBM. Oryx advertises that their chassis with DBM will accommodate either the 4.41, or the 4.27, receiver bolt spacing (my gun has 4.27 spacing) so does anyone here know whether my 16 laying in the Oryx chassis should run its bolt flawlessly with Oryx DBMs? I finally got too old to fling arrows from trees so I am presently trying to ease back into plinking firearms and the last thing that I want to do is mess up the workings of a perfect rifle. New and I cannot figure where to post this question, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcodger70 View Post
    Newby so I hope my question in not in the wrong place. I am presently in the process of re-barreling and putting a new stock, or chassis, on my old model 16 bind, stagger feed Savage .243; re-barreling to 7mm-08 for long distant target shooting. Presently, the bolt runs perfectly on my old 16 but I was considering converting the gun to a 10 shot DBM. Oryx advertises that their chassis with DBM will accommodate either the 4.41, or the 4.27, receiver bolt spacing (my gun has 4.27 spacing) so does anyone here know whether my 16 laying in the Oryx chassis should run its bolt flawlessly with Oryx DBMs? I finally got too old to fling arrows from trees so I am presently trying to ease back into plinking firearms and the last thing that I want to do is mess up the workings of a perfect rifle. New and I cannot figure where to post this question, LOL.
    Changing the stock shouldn't have any effect on how the bolt runs.

Banned
    Indeed. Nothing on your rifle will function any differently.. (for the worse)

And welcome to our Forum friend! By the by.. questions like this can be posted in “110-Series Rifles” section. Your model 16 is part of the 10/110 series family.