Thread: Savage 12 FV Stock

Savage 12 FV Stock

I replaced my Savage FV stock. Is there a market for stocks? If so, how much?

If/when they sell on eBay, its usually for about $15. For a while they were so common they were hardly worth the cost of shipping.
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Basic Member
    I've got enough to build a small bonfire, although one has the old Indian Head Logo. Might keep that one.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    So much for off-setting the cost for another Boyd's. Jeez. If they were a little more ridged I would use them for fence posts.

Selling it on ebay for that price isn't even worth the trouble. I'll keep it and let the kids play with it.

Basic Member
    A small metal rod and epoxy makes a big difference on the factory stocks. I have reinforced a couple stocks and kept them around in the event I want to take a rifle to the woods. Keeping the old stock might also help in the event you ever decide to sell the rifle - you can put the barreled action back in the old stock and keep your aftermarket stock to have a head start on the next build. The factory recoil pads are pretty good to have around, and you have two sling studs that may come in handy. This is coming from a guy (me) that has sold many things and then realized I could have saved some money if I kept this or that. :-)

Basic Member
    I've got one of my old original stocks set up with an action but no barrel, and scope mounts to use as a tool for measuring scope turret accuracy and total travel. Comes in handy if you're trying out a new scope and want to run it in a bit before burning ammo, or doing a tall target test.

Soon I'll be making a dummy action out of PVC pipe to fit the stock so I can put that extra action into service.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.