Hey all, I could use some advice. Last year I bought an Axis II, left hand in 223. Pretty good for a base level gun, but I was trying to start PRS shooting and needed 10 round mag capacity. Wound up getting a Boyd's AT-One and sending it to CDI precision for the bottom metal that allowed MDT mags. Got a 20 (30?) MOA rail base for the scope, too. If it worked, it would be great. It's the "if it worked" bit that's the issue. Jeff at CDI took the gun back a couple times, it worked for him but for me it would nose dive the rounds into the mags. Not a great event if you're trying to shoot fast. Doing Ssingle shot I hit steel at 600 yards with some 90 grain bullets, though, so she's accurate enough for me.

The issue is that Jeff passed away unexpectedly; he was pretty young for a gunsmith. I don't have the spare change to keep safe queens around, and I can't figure out how to get the Axis to do what I wanted it to. The best option seems to be to sell, but I'm not sure if I should try selling the package, or in parts.

Thoughts?