Thread: Walmart Axis 2 Stainless in 6.5 Creedmoor

Walmart Axis 2 Stainless in 6.5 Creedmoor

I finally got to the range to sight in my Axis 2 stainless that I got from Walmart. This one was not the package deal, just the rifle so I put on a Leupold rail and some rifleman rings and dropped a Vortex Viper 6-20x50 PA on it. I also adjusted the accutrigger as light as it would go.

After about 21 rounds to get settled in and sighted, I shot this group at 195 yards from the bench using a front and rear bag with Hornady 140gr BTHP factory ammo.

This little rifle can shoot. Being so light, it jumps around a bit when shot, but for a hunting gun that's okay. Since it is intended to be a hunting gun, I'm not planning on making any mods to to it. With groups like this, don't really need to

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Understandably_Incoherent View Post
    I finally got to the range to sight in my Axis 2 stainless that I got from Walmart. This one was not the package deal, just the rifle so I put on a Leupold rail and some rifleman rings and dropped a Vortex Viper 6-20x50 PA on it. I also adjusted the accutrigger as light as it would go.

After about 21 rounds to get settled in and sighted, I shot this group at 195 yards from the bench using a front and rear bag with Hornady 140gr BTHP factory ammo.

This little rifle can shoot. Being so light, it jumps around a bit when shot, but for a hunting gun that's okay. Since it is intended to be a hunting gun, I'm not planning on making any mods to to it. With groups like this, don't really need to
    May still get better:) especially if you reload.. I love all my savage rifles. I used a blue printed savage target action as the base of one of my precision builds and I have ZERO regrets.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'm eventually going to work up some loads with 143gr ELD-X bullets for this rifle. There are clearcut areas where I hunt that could present some opportunities for longer shots as deer move in and out of the woodline in the mornings and evenings. Up till now I've always hunted from treestands expecting shorter range shots, but this could open up some new possibilities.