I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been a little puzzled by how things have been in the gun world the last year or two. It's dead slow here on this forum, and it's equally slow on most other forums I frequent (Ohio Sportsman, Ohio Outdoors, Rimfire Central, Benchrest Central, etc.). Those forums that do still seem to have decent traffic are still way down from what they were seeing just a year or two ago.

Talking to local dealers and vendors at gunshows I'm hearing the same thing. Nothing's moving, nobody's buying, and what little is selling is selling for peanuts. We've seen the same here in our classifieds with people selling 110 actions for as little as $160. Even the PRS/NPR stuff that's been super hot in recent years seems to have slowed down quite a bit in the last 6-8 months, and the massive CCW craze seems to have calmed and settled in to a normal pattern.

Guys I've known that have been in the business for 4-5 decades say they've never seen anything like this before. Ask around what's hot or trending right now and everyone just shrugs and throws their hands in the air unknowingly. I know I've been immersed in this industry for almost 20 years now and I've never seen anything quite like it.

Has there just been a huge market shift away from rifles? Did the industry just soo overly saturate the market with cheaply made guns at huge discounts the past few years in an attempt to keep sales numbers up after the election that it's stagnated the market?

Seriously, anyone got a clue what the heck the deal is?