Thread: Sear spring for Accutrigger

Basic Member

Sear spring for Accutrigger

Lost the sear spring out of my target ( red blade) accutrigger. Anyone know where I can buy one. Would even take one from a standard accutrigger just to get the gun up and running again until I can get the right one.

Basic Member
    I saw this the other day:

http://www.gunshack.com/savage-accu-...able%20trigger

Beware it ain't cheap, they put a $5 handling fee plus shipping. Good luck
    If that's the one you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief80 View Post
    Lost the sear spring out of my target ( red blade) accutrigger. Anyone know where I can buy one. Would even take one from a standard accutrigger just to get the gun up and running again until I can get the right one.
    I have a complete accutrigger I took out of my 116 WW 30-06. Not trying to break a rule if there is one.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief80 View Post
    The spring I assume you need is the "adjustable" trigger return compression spring. The sear spring is the torsion spring held by the pin that goes through the sear & action.

I've altered a couple of accutriggers by adding an overtravel screw in the hole the spring threads into. I believe the threads are 8-32 (maybe 6-32 or 8-24) don't have one in my shop now to check. The screw is a std set screw available at most hardware stores. Then over the screw I insert a compression spring also available at hardware stores. I had to play with a desired size, ie; spring wire size, id/od etc.
    They are inexpensive, once I find the desired tension I cut the spring to length (the little tail for the small hole in the action is not necessary because the screw now keeps it in place). The screw can be adjusted to limit over travel after sear is released. Add a little blue loctite to the screw and your good to go. It will get you up an running, with a little practice cutting & bending springs you can come up with a comfortable weight. At least so you can get up & running.
    My .02,
    Randy

Basic Member
    Found and bought the right sear spring. After doing a search I found the correct part number and googled that to find it.

The Varment and Target spring or one and the same, will get you down to a low of 1.5. lbs. The target sear will allow to to go down to below a half pound. I have both and savage wont sell me the accutrigger sear, a gunsmith friend of mine cant get one ether. Hope this helps...