Couldn't wait.

Here's the background - purchased a used 300 Win mag. Changed barrel to 6.5mm (.260 Rem) Shilen, swapped out bolt head to 30-06 head. Changed recoil lug to a .250 thick Callahan lug. Waiting for the 30-06 magazine to arrive as well as the SSS LVT stock. So - couldn't wait.

Screwed it all together, head spaced it and screwed it into the original plastic stock. Mounted a cheap Tasco 1-9x scope on it. Didn't have any brass, only 5 cases of .243 range pick up. Couldn't wait.

Spread some Imperial Sizing wax on em', necked em' up to .260, trimmed and checked for chambering. 3 were perfect, 2 a little tight but still chambered. Loaded 35 grains of Varget under a 142g SMK HPBT and took it to the range. Couldn't wait.

Fired the first round at 100 yds and couldn't see the impact on a piece of paper about the size of a pool table! After a through cleaning fired the 2nd round, then saw the impact - all the way on top left right next to the first shot!

Adjusted the scope - a lot! did the same with the last three and they landed in a tight triangle about one moa! Can't wait till it's all put together and loaded with real reloads. This puppy should shoot one ragged hole.

Now I need to find out what paint to use on everything.

I want to thank all of you on here who helped talk me through the entire build - I couldn't do it without you. Thank you.