Thread: 12FV in 6.5 Creedmoor

12FV in 6.5 Creedmoor

!! BIG PICTURE WARNING!! - I haven't figured out how to resize these yet...

I picked up a 12FV in 6.5 Creedmoor a while back and have been working on it as a project rifle for a while now. I swapped it into a Boyd's AT-ONE stock, pillar bedded with some aluminum pillars from Pete's Pillars, and then full bedded the action with gray MarineTex. I put a Blackhawk 20MOA rail on the top and mounted a Sig Tango4 6-24x50 in Warne Mountain Tech low rings. I went ahead and adjusted the accutrigger as light as it would go. I also swapped out the factory bolt handle with a BA style one and did a little work on the firing mechanism - cleaning, polishing, and re-lubing as well as backing the cocking piece off a bit (as described here and in the Lambeth instructions). She's a pretty sweet setup now, especially considering that I'm only in for about $1500 all told plus a little sweat and time.

I think I've finally got it where I want it, so I took it to the range to see how it performs. Sent a few downrange to let things settle down and get zero'd at 100 meters and then moved out to 195 yards for final zero. By this time I had about 20 round down the tube so I switched to some Remington 140gr BTHP ammo that I picked up for initial sight-in and started. I was firing from the prone with the bipod and a rear bag. I was still adjusting the scope, but the last 3 groups I shot turned out like this...

I'm very impressed with this performance with factory ammo. Now I've got to start working up some handloads for it and see if it gets even better. These 12FV rifles are a great platform for making custom builds. Given the price/performance ratio of this rifle, I can see why these are so popular.

Basic Member
    Very nice!

Basic Member
    I suggest you try the Hornaday BLACK in 140 BTHP. This ammo really shoots well in 6.5 CM and is not expensive. Academy has it on sale from time to time for $17.99 a box. Time and again I've seen it produce very small groups in a stock 6.5CM Savage.

Nice looking stock. Going to have to give it some serious consideration!
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    Nice looking setup. I recently purchased a Boyds stock and had the hardest time deciding which color. Too many cool looking options.

I have some Hornady Black ammo the I switched to when I used up all the Remington stuff. It shoots really good out of my Axis 2, so I suspect it will be that much better from this rifle.

Shortly after I got this Boyd's stock they came out with the thumbhole version of the AT-ONE. If that would have been available at the time I'd have gone for it, but I've got no complaints with this one either. Eventually I'd like to sent it out be inletted and AICS compatible bottom metal installed. It's great to have so many options available.

Basic Member
    I love it! I have the same gun but in 308. Can't wait to get my at-one on it.