Thread: Magpul PRS FDE color.

Magpul PRS FDE color.

I have tried to search the net and these forums but can't seem to get the right results diplayed, likely due to the vast amounts of info on the Magpul stock and the Savage Stealth Evolution. I am currently looking for a good long range rifle, my Romanian PSL is capable of the range just not the precision that I want. Reviews and my personal tastes have led me to the Stealth Evolution as the top choice, I don't shoot often enough to build my own from the ground up. The only hangup I currently have is the black PRS on the FDE Evolution. I have seen similar chassis rifles with all FDE and it looks nice. I know magpul makes the PRS in FDE but I can't find info on how close of a match the shade is to the Savage FDE. Pics on the net of both show slightly different shades even among the same item, 4 pics of the stock look like 3 different shades, based on lighting and the cameras capabilities.

Does anyone know, or already tried, if the Magpul FDE is a match to the Evolution FDE? I don't want to have to cerekote a new rifle if I don't have to. I am not a huge fan of FDE but it is ok, so if the shades are to far off then I will live with the black stock for a while and do a custom design later. A good optic comes first.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry this isn't exactly what your looking for. Between ARs and chassis rigs I have a couple Magpul PRS stocks. Im not a fan of them. They are not as comfortable to me as they should be for the price they cost. I am trying to get rid of one on my 110BA. Kind of a custom setup and other are no real options for me that I can find. For the money i would look at the Luth-AR MBA-1 or 3. They come in FDE. I think I have 5 total now between the 2 models. You can get them for 100-110 and are way better value than the PRS in my book. Didn't mean to steer you off but something else to possibly look at.

Adam

Basic Member
    Before you go down the path of a Magpul stocked rifle, check to be sure that length of pull will be ok for you. I put one on my 10 BA Stealth and while it was solid and comfortable, the length of pull was 15 inches with the butt pad fully retracted. For me, this created eye relief issues with a Leupold VX-3i mounted all the way to the rear. Another forum member warned me about this before I bought it. I have since removed it and installed it on my Colt M4 where it is excellent. It is an excellent stock if it fits you and you don't mind the weight.

Thanks for the help. I am still look in to all the nuances of precision rifles. I never worried about length of pull or comb height, I just made sure I could see through the scope, for the few rifles that actually needed them. I have a PRS on my Ruger 10/22 so I should be able to get an idea of LOP from that and at least a ball park of eye relief, I know a different scope will have a different relief but I would hope it wouldn't be too far off. If the Stealth evolution didn't come with the PRS from the factory then I probably would look closer at others and if it doesn't fit me I will look for others. My hope was that if the FDE shades matched I might be able to find someone that was in the market for a black one and I could trade like for like.