I have tried to search the net and these forums but can't seem to get the right results diplayed, likely due to the vast amounts of info on the Magpul stock and the Savage Stealth Evolution. I am currently looking for a good long range rifle, my Romanian PSL is capable of the range just not the precision that I want. Reviews and my personal tastes have led me to the Stealth Evolution as the top choice, I don't shoot often enough to build my own from the ground up. The only hangup I currently have is the black PRS on the FDE Evolution. I have seen similar chassis rifles with all FDE and it looks nice. I know magpul makes the PRS in FDE but I can't find info on how close of a match the shade is to the Savage FDE. Pics on the net of both show slightly different shades even among the same item, 4 pics of the stock look like 3 different shades, based on lighting and the cameras capabilities.

Does anyone know, or already tried, if the Magpul FDE is a match to the Evolution FDE? I don't want to have to cerekote a new rifle if I don't have to. I am not a huge fan of FDE but it is ok, so if the shades are to far off then I will live with the black stock for a while and do a custom design later. A good optic comes first.

Thanks for the info.