Thread: B22 question

B22 question

I am about ready to retire from teaching in a year and a half [I'll be 70 and it will be time]. Since I will have more free time, I'm looking to add a .22 to my collection. I have been considering the B22 fvss [left handed], for small game hunting out to a max of 100 yds (more likely max of 75 yds] and informal target and plinking out to about 150 yds. What are your ideas about this rifle for this general all-round shooting?

Skipp

I'm thinking it would be perfect for that. Even with the heavier barrel it's still plenty light and compact enough for off-hand small game hunting, but there's also enough weight there to help keep it still and steady when shooting off the bench trying to get those tiny little groups. Trigger is great, magazines have had zero feeding issues in my experience with them (just make sure the action screws stay tight), and they're stupid accurate once you find what ammo yours prefers.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I just recently purchased a LH B17 & B22. Two weeks ago I finally made it out to our local gun club to sight them both in. At 50 yards the 5 shot groups could be completely be covered by a nickle. One group from the B17 could be covered by a dime. I was very happy with both guns. I don't think you will be disappointed!