Thread: New stock for a savage 110 apex in 350

New stock for a savage 110 apex in 350

Looking to get a new savage 110 apex in the 350 legend but would really like to put a better stock on it. Does bell and Carlson make one?

What makes you think it will need a better stock?

I always get a kick out of people who want to start changing things before they even have the rifle in their hands, much less having shot it a good bit to see where it's at and what might need improved. The 110 Apex in 30-06 I reviewed earlier this year had no problem shooting sub MOA with the ammo it preferred so I can't see where the extremely soft recoiling .350 Legend would have any trouble doing the same. My friend who bought that 30-06 is now consistently getting 1/2 to 3/4" three shot groups with his handloads - still 100% as delivered from the factory.

That said, I don't know of anyone making a synthetic replacement stock for a 110 that uses the Axis style mag's. Boyds and SSS can hook you up with a laminate stock, but that's going to add a good pound or two to the rifle over the standard synthetic stock. Unless you wanted to dress it up with a nice purdy Maple or Walnut stock I just can't see the need to spend the money as the factory stock is more than adequate. Yeah it has a little flex in the forearm, but people make it out to be far worse than it actually is in terms of affecting accuracy. Besides, we're talking a hunting rifle here, not a benchrest rig.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Don’t get me wrong I know it will shoot just fine, all my other savages are tack drivers but I just can’t get over the feel of these new age Tupperware stocks.
    i am not a bench shooter im just a fussy deer hunter lol.

Disregard my post, I just looked up the 350.

Quote Originally Posted by footindave View Post
    Don’t get me wrong I know it will shoot just fine, all my other savages are tack drivers but I just can’t get over the feel of these new age Tupperware stocks.
    i am not a bench shooter im just a fussy deer hunter lol.
    I get ya. The grip area on the Apex, AccuFit and AccuStock synthetic stocks definitely could use some improvement, but I doubt we'll see any changes anytime soon since they're all relatively new designs. The grip on the new AccuFit and AccuStock stocks is a little better than the Apex as it incorporates a palm swell.

I wish some of the more wallet friendly synthetic stock makers (B&C, Hogue, etc) would get on the ball and release some basic hunting stocks setup for these newer rifles with Axis mag and bottom bolt release (pretty much every package sold in the last 6-8 years).
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain