Initially I wanted to try a left port right bolt Axis made from a lefty Axis action.

There was some question about how much work would be required so I got a cheap, used, right hand Axis 2 and will keep it right hand. The Accu-trigger means I probably don't have to spend much money getting a nice pull.

I do want to change the barrel, face the receiver and use a 110 style recoil lug.

I also bought a bolt handle and bolt sleeve from Glades.

Now here is the first snag I hit:

I was able to assemble the bolt with the new sleeve but the baffle now has a lot of drag because the wave washer is almost completely compressed.

Will it be OK for me to file back the bolt baffle on the wave washer side to restore the clearance?

Where can I buy a new baffle? I only seem to find 110 baffles at retailers and Savage doesn't seem to sell parts on their web site.

I would rather buy new and modify that to fit.

Now for the receiver work, I want to keep it simple and DIY. I know how to run a lathe and will be able to borrow.

I haven't done much threading so learning that will be on the menu unless I can find a cheap stub mandrel to buy, rent or borrow.

Thanks for the help.

Also, I'm going to have a spare bolt sleeve, handle and baffle. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to buy the rest of the parts to get a complete bolt. I'll probably get a PTG bolt head and an extractor upgrade kit to finish it but I haven't found a place that sells firing pins, springs and some of the other small parts.

Where should I look?