Thread: Options for my 110 BA

Options for my 110 BA

It’s in .300 and I’m a rookie when I comes to long distance and on a budget. 16-24x50 is what I’m looking at

Basic Member
    What's your budget?
    What distance are you planning to shoot?
    What focal plane do you ant the reticle in? FFP or SFP. There are pro's and con's for each of them,depending on the main uses of the gun.
    I wouldn't waste any money on a scope that's not going to do everything that you need it to. Buy once - Cry once! Even if you have to save more money to get a quality optic,it will be worth the wait.

You can also find some great deals on used scopes,and get a better quality scope than you'd get if buying a brand new scope for the same amount of money. Most scopes today have Lifetime warranties,so most used scopes will be covered.
    Scopes that I'd look at -
    Sightron SIII
    Vortex Viper PST
    Athlon Midas BTR or Ares BTR
    Burris XTR II

Basic Member
    Probably one of the best buys you could make is a Sightron III in a 8-36X56 or 10-50x60. These periodically appear on the "for sale"forums as used when competition shooters upgrade to the latest and greatest scope. These are very good quality scopes. I prefer the fine crosshairs with target dot for parsing targets at distance. YMMV. You'd be looking at $500 to $700 used for these scopes, unless nearly new, then a tad higher. To get better glass, you'd need to add a couple grand to the price of these, and that's well outside of my shooting budget.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Just a little add on to Tex10's post, a used NF NXS has a tab better glass than the sightron. I dont suggest a FFP buuuuut the high end Athlon scopes are pretty freaking good.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member

Options for my 110 BA

I got a $1000 Viper PST half price at Optics Planet. I highly recommend them. Insane prices and great CS.

Banned
    a nice used 12-42x night force with a small angled mount, put it in burris insert rings and you can add or remove scope tilt for distance.
    simple match for scope cost some where around the cost of the rifle.
    shoot longer cost goes up...well if you plan on HITTING longer.

Basic Member
    I'll throw in another vote for the Sightron SIII and also their S-Tac line. I have some of both and they are awesome for the money.

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
    I got a $1000 Viper PST half price at Optics Planet. I highly recommend them. Insane prices and great CS.
    Gen 1 PST 6 - 24 x 50 close out priced at $549 - https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-vip...43128-new.aspx

I bought a lightly used 6 - 24 x 50 Viper PST Gen 1 a month ago, original box and accessories, Seekins rings, and Vortex level for $425 delivered. Fit my needs and budget.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    Gen 1 PST 6 - 24 x 50 close out priced at $549 - https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-vip...43128-new.aspx

I bought a lightly used 6 - 24 x 50 Viper PST Gen 1 a month ago, original box and accessories, Seekins rings, and Vortex level for $425 delivered. Fit my needs and budget.
    Are you going to divulge where you bought it? Are you waiting back waiting for a prompt? lol

Team Savage

Not waiting for a prompt, and out of respect for Jim, I don't like "advertising" other forums here. I wish more folks would post for sale items here, as I'd prefer to buy from members here. I found, and purchased, that scope from classifieds in another forum. That particular forum is full of hunting, shooting, reloading, items every day. I'd PM the information but you don't have enough posts yet.

Basic Member
    Others can speak to this more, but clear glass at a lower magnification can be better than a higher magnification with less clear glass. I had a 4-16 power from a very reputable company that was a little blurry on 16x. I had problems with it and sent it back, and put a 3-9x on the rifle that has an incredibly clear lense and I could see my 100 yard target much better than the other scope at 16x. The result was a much better grouping.
    Glass clarity is is an often-underrated factor when we decide on a scope/optic.

yup
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.