Thread: 12fv replacement stock

12fv replacement stock

I'm sure it's been well figured out and hidden amongst 100's of pages in threads.
    What is a good plug and play bedded field/hunting stock for the 12fv? I DO NOT WHAT ANY WOOD OR LAMINATE !
    No Boyd's, no taxicool or the like.
    I want synthetic/kevlar/fiberglass. HS precision or Mcmillian would be top contenders but I can not figure out which stock the 12fv fits in. I dont mind keeping the internal magazine, I dont really need a detach mag. Its gonna be a hunting rifle.
    Any help would be great.

Basic Member
    The easiest plug and play option that meets your stated requirements will be something with an aluminum bedding block. The number of options for blind magazines like your 12FV has is going to limit your options. If you are willing to use a detachable magazine, your options increase significantly.

Check Stockys Stocks website at stockysstocks.com. They sell a number of the more popular brands as well as their own branded models. Use their stock configuration tool and it will give you all of their available options.

The key things to know regarding your 12FV are Model 10-16 4.4 inch spacing / center feed / top bolt release / heavy barrel / blind magazine. As I mentioned, using a detachable magazine gives you more options.

You can also check the websites for HS Precision, Bell and Carlson, McMillan, Manners etc.

Basic Member
    Bell & Carlson M40 might be the most cost effective, but man...hunting with a 12FV in a composite stock will be pig to haul around. Have fun!

Well I'm kinda used to hauling around heavy guns. My Turkey shotgun is 10lbs, vest is about 25lbs. Slug gun about 8lbs.

How do I convert to a detachable mag? I really dont feel the need for it unless, like you say, it opens up more options for stocks that I'm looking for.

I think I like the HS pro series 2000