Thread: "Like" button, not working?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

"Like" button, not working?

Is it me or the new changes?
    The like/thanks buttons seem to be inoperative.
    Thanks,
    Randy

Looking into it - likely a setting with the firewall.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

While I'm thinking about it....

I know everyone likes the Like/Thanks mod, but having it installed has a big negative effect on the site as well. If you have tried to look at any users previous forum posts by clicking on their username and selecting "View Forum Posts" or by doing a search for posts by a specific user, you've likely noticed that the content of the results comes back saying -=Hidden Content=- like this:

hiddencontent.jpg

This is a caused by the Likes/Thanks plugin and I haven't been able to find a work-around for it.

Personally I think being able to search and see the post content is much more important/useful than the Likes/Thanks system, but I also know I'd probably catch hell from some if I just up and removed the Likes/Thanks plugin.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    While I'm thinking about it....

I know everyone likes the Like/Thanks mod, but having it installed has a big negative effect on the site as well. If you have tried to look at any users previous forum posts by clicking on their username and selecting "View Forum Posts" or by doing a search for posts by a specific user, you've likely noticed that the content of the results comes back saying -=Hidden Content=- like this:

hiddencontent.jpg

This is a caused by the Likes/Thanks plugin and I haven't been able to find a work-around for it.

Personally I think being able to search and see the post content is much more important/useful than the Likes/Thanks system, but I also know I'd probably catch hell from some if I just up and removed the Likes/Thanks plugin.
    Thanks for the heads up,
    Toss up, searches all important also. I'm confident it will get all resolved sooner or later.
    Thanks again,
    Randy

Tough one. The likes have many roles and adds a dynamic to members relationships.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Well, if I can't figure out how to get them working again it might be an easy decision to make. Tried all the settings I thought it might be with no luck, and since it's software related I can't call the hosting tech's for help on it. Got an email out to the maker of the mod, so we'll see what they have to say.