Thread: Accutrigger question

Basic Member

Accutrigger question

Hey guys,
    Haven't been on here in a while. Forgot how enjoyable this site is. I’ve got an Axis 30-06 with a factory standard trigger. No accutrigger. I bought a varmint 1.5 lb accutrigger, sear, safety, and sear spring. I remember looking to replace my factory trigger with the accutrigger but don’t know if I have all the pieces or if I can even replace my factory trigger with an accutrigger. Can anybody tell me what else I need in order to put it in my Axis? Do I need the accutrigger trigger housing or can I use the factory one? The housing in it now is a cast aluminum looking one. I don’t want to tear the rifle down again till I figure out what else I need or if it’s even possible. Thanks, Matt.
    E.T.A. I know the factory trigger housing operates the factory sear different with an external spring. Is it possible to just install the new varmint sear and sear spring on the factory cast housing and use the original trigger housing? Or do I have to change to the original type stamped steel trigger housing?

Basic Member
    Since I haven’t gotten any responses to my above post let me pose the question a different way. I bought the LE/Varmint accutrigger and sear for my standard non-accutrigger Axis. Is it necessary to use the LE/Varmint sear that I bought or can I use the sear that came with my rifle?

Team Savage
    I don’t think you can retrofit a standard Accutrigger on an Axis, much less a target Accutrigger.

Nope.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Dunno about the target accutrigger, but a standard one can be installed on an Axis. Savage does it every day and I know Fred's put them into dozens of Axis rifles - including one of mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02404.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	6285

Name:	DSC02405.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	6286
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    The only difference between the Varmint accutrigger and the standard one is the pull weight. What I’m most curious about is rather I’ll have to change the sear or if I can use the factory one.

Basic Member
    You have to use the factory sear.....the Axis sear is completely different from a 10/110 sear. One thing you will have to do is grind off the bumps off the side of the accutrigger so it will clear the trigger bracket.

Name:	DSC02404.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	6287
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    I bought the varmint sear unsure if I needed it or not. As long as I can use the factory sear I should be okay. Good to hear. Thanks