Hello All,

My User Name is RegionRat which was an old handle based on being raised in the steel mills and refineries of the Calumet Region on the shore of Lake Michigan in Northwest Indiana. I was recruited to work in defense aerospace when I was still very young and have been based in the SoCal area for over 35 years now.

I have two Savage 12 Low Profile Varmint rigs both in 223 with 7 twist. I run the factory stocks and triggers and barrels. They have variable NightForce NSX 8-32X glass and are both accurate with 77 and 80 grain loads. I have used them for only a short while and they have been on two varmint trips that covered AZ, CO, SD, and ND. They get pulled out when the wind is up or for going out past 300 yards. When they work, they work very well... thus the trip to this forum.

I’ve been reading up on Savage in order to see if these can be made to ignite “all primers”, not just a Rem 7 1/2. I have discovered lately that neither one will ignite many other primers in handloads or factory ammo. So I am here to troubleshoot and debug these two bolt guns.

Thanks in advance, Dino aka RegionRat