Does anyone besides me have trouble with the Savage model designation system? When I see Savage guns listed for sale or just in forum discussions I have little Idea what most of the alphabet letters after the model mean. An example is a gun that I bought used because I liked it. It had a digital camo accustock, fairly heavy threaded 20" barrel, and magazine. I finally learned from Savage that it was a discontinued precision carbine. I have a Mod 12 LRP and have tried to find out what distinguishes a model 12. Last weekend at the range a fellow shooter said that a mod 12 has a smaller ejection port and sure enough mine did. The metal on the left went almost all the way under the scope rail toward the port like a beefy target action. When we looked at his mod 12, it looked just like a mod 10. Is there a nomenclature of models and what the model numbers and letters mean. Another thing is how to know which model you have without the box since the only thing marked is on the barrel with no letters, e.g. mod 10, mod 12, mod 110. There may be a simple answer, but I own a lot of Savages and I don't know. I called Savage for stock torque on the 10PC yesterday and the savage tec didn't know what a 10PC was and asked me for the serial number. ANY HELP?