Thread: Need Rifle Basix SAV2B Reviews?

Basic Member

Need Rifle Basix SAV2B Reviews?

I'm considering this trigger for my long range .223 rig as my other Remington-based rifles run Timney Calvin Elite Triggers at 10 oz.. It looks like the Rifle Basix SAV2B is the only trigger than can be adjusted down that far.

Has anyone installed this trigger and how is it functioning? I searched past posts and did not find much.

Thanks

I put one in my 6br. I really like it. Haven't shot it in a good while but I think it's around 8oz.
    That being said, I've not tried many other triggers so I can't really compare. I've used rifle basix in most of my builds...
    Scooter

Basic Member
    I have one on a 110 that is set at 14oz. My limited experience says that the SAV-2 is a bit of a pain to setup, especially at lower weights but I have found it to be reliable. Jard also has a trigger that they are listing as low as 6oz (I think) but cost north of $200.00 (again I think). The Jard trigger may only fit newer model Savage rifles. I would encourage you to do a search on them as well.
    Good luck.

Team Savage
    I have a couple of SSS triiggers, not made anymore, and one Sav 2. They are about the same. I think the Sav 2 was a bit harder to install and adjust. The new Jard is a 3 lever (?) trigger and even replaces the sear. Only part you use is the pin. Some have had trouble putting it in the older 10/110's.

Bill

Basic Member
    My issue with the Sav2 was the lateral movement of the trigger blade which would require shims and fiddling around. Otherwise it was crisp, no creep and very low pull force. Because of the wiggle, I had my wife swap it back to the factory trigger. This was on a Target Accu-Trigger.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotheringill View Post
    My issue with the Sav2 was the lateral movement of the trigger blade which would require shims and fiddling around. Otherwise it was crisp, no creep and very low pull force. Because of the wiggle, I had my wife swap it back to the factory trigger. This was on a Target Accu-Trigger.
    I am impressed that your wife does trigger installs. I wasn't aware of the Jard offering for Savage. That may be the way to go. And the install should be easier.

Team Savage
    Got a couple of Rifle Basix Savage I triggers. One on my early 110 V (J) and one on my XP 100 converted rifle. Love them both. If you breath on the XP, expect it to go off. Set up strictly for bench shooting.
    The 110 V is the same. Easy to install and smooth as silk. The Savage II was a little lite for my liking.
    Shooting buddy has a Savage II on his earlier short action. Hard to keep it from going off when not expected.
    For the price, IMHO the Rifle Basix can't be beat.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    Have a R.B. 2 trigger and a SSS trigger like the RB 2 more,the SSS seems heavy compared to it. I sent one of my rifles to Jard,they are going to make a Bottom Bolt Gun release ,trigger assembly,hope to have it by end of next week,they are non adjustable, they will offer 6,12,16,19,and 22 ounce triggers.Will post results after i get #1

[QUOTE=varget204;460437]Have a R.B. 2 trigger and a SSS trigger like the RB 2 more,the SSS seems heavy compared to it. I sent one of my rifles to Jard,they are going to make a Bottom Bolt Gun release ,trigger assembly,hope to have it by end of next week,they are non adjustable, they will offer 6,12,16,19,and 22 ounce triggers.Will post results after i get #1[/QUOTE
    Varget204
    Any up dates ? I e mailed Jard, last week offering my "F" series action for a light pull install because of the reported problems on another forum, haven't herd back yet.

Basic Member
    Talked to Dean at Jard, sat,said new parts were do in Mon,hope to receive by end of week