Thread: 110 Apex Storm XP bottom metal

110 Apex Storm XP bottom metal

I'm strongly considering a 110 Apex Storm XP in 350 Legend for a new deer rifle. In usual Savage fashion the rifle model vs feature set is confusing. I have seen Apex Storm (non XP) rifles in person and they have had the "nicer" not axis style magazine latch setup. I see the XP model loses the adjustable comb but is that the only difference or is the bottom metal downgraded to axis style as well?

If you saw a model named 110 Apex Storm with the premium bottom metal it was a special run for that big-box store or for a distributor. All of the Apex models are XP package models, there is no cataloged non-package version. Sounds to me like they (chain or distributor) wanted a lower cost option of a 110 Storm and special ordered a run of them w/o the AccuFit stock system.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Here is the model in question;

https://savagearms.com/content?p=fir...ummary&s=57340

It appears to have adjustable length of pull but not comb height. Also from the picture it looks like it has metal surround (bottom metal) with the magazine latch on the rifle instead of the mag. The magazine latch is my biggest concern because I'm not a fan of the Axis magazine setup with the plastic latch on the magazine. The 350L chambering is new, so no pictures to be found of this exact gun and I'm a bit apprehensive about trusting stock photos from Savages website.

Can't go off a photo that doesn't clearly show what you're trying to see. As I said, all of the Apex models (and pretty much all of the package guns) use the Axis magazine - that's part of the reason why they're cheaper than the models with the premium bottom metal/magazine system.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

That's disappointing but I appreciate your input.

Like anything else in life, you want the good stuff you gotta crack the wallet open a little wider.