Thread: Centerfeed L-bracket

Basic Member

Centerfeed L-bracket

Just got a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock for my 12FV. It has a full aluminum bedding block. Does the centerfeed L-bracket affect the bedding by sitting between the action and the stock? If so can it be eliminated and the blind magazine be attached some other way?

Basic Member
    If I remember correctly there is a slot/groove in my B&C for the tab to sit in? I surely don't recall it getting in the way. But if you want you can secure the magazine with small dabs of epoxy putty in the corners...just kinda a pain to get it all lined up perfectly while the spring keeps trying to push it out.

Basic Member
    No slot or groove in the bedding block. My inclination is to take the l-bracket out of the equation and epoxy the magazine into the stock. But if there is no effect on accuracy having the l-bracket between the action and the stock I'd just keep it as is.

Basic Member
    Ok, my bad. I just pulled the action from the stock and there is indeed a cutout for the L-bracket to sit in. If it is removed the bottom of the action only contacts the bedding block on both sides of the cutout. Without the L-bracket the pillar is too short to reach the action.

Basic Member
    Looking at My Medalist, I believe the L bracket causes the rear of the action to sit slightly above the rear bedding block cradle? I shoot mine single shot, so I don’t use the magazine, or the clip. I bedded my action in with J B Weld.