Thread: nikon handgun scope

Basic Member

nikon handgun scope

Well my nikon handgun scope has bit the dust again. Bought it new about 3 years ago and just after i got it probably after about 25 rounds in 30-30 on 14'' contender started throwing the shots around on target. Sent it back and they fixed it or tried to. It worked for about 25-30 more rounds till last week. Shot at two deer and missed both. It was on before this as i had shot it on target up to 200 yds. The bullets were almost touching. Now it put three shots into about a five inch group. Glad now this is the only Nikon handgun i have. Have several nikon riflescopes. Guess its time to replace this scope. Not good that some of our scope companies that were in business for years just up and stopped production.Guess there is nothing we can do though.

Nikon is out of the rifle scope business so they did not replace my Monarch when it went North but they did offer me a very generous credit to buy any Nikon product. I sold it and bought a Leupold.

That’s a bummer for sure, not being able to handle more rounds than that. A few years ago, a friend bought a Nikon handgun scope for a G2 22 mag. I was sorta surprised he didn’t get the Burris I mentioned after he asked for my recommendation. Even on a 22 mag, that scope could not hold up, and he put less than 50 rounds down range.

Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    Nikon is out of the rifle scope business so they did not replace my Monarch when it went North but they did offer me a very generous credit to buy any Nikon product. I sold it and bought a Leupold.
    Had a friend who worked for local Sportsman's Warehouse and he asked the Nikon rep. Rep told him that Nikon would Still honor life time warranty. I would give it a try. I am sure you can get contact info from google. They are not out of Optics business, just rifle and pistol scopes
    Safe shooting
    Doug

Basic Member
    May have to call them and see what they say. Worse thing they can say is no more warranty.Never know they may have some stuck back somewhere but not likely.

Basic Member
    Well i emailed them and they said to send it in. We will see what happens.