Thread: Hello

Hello

I have a .243 Savage Axis. I hand-press match loads for it. I dare say it's a sub-MOA gun. My adventures with it include fitting it with a muzzle brake, and cheek rest. I made a 1,235 yard hit on a 2'x 2' steel plate, and last weekend tried to hit a clay pigeon 930 yards away; coming close several times, but losing in the end to my Dad who pulverized it with his .270. I just installed a Pro Trigger Kit from MCARBO, which included a lighter trigger return spring and shims which eliminate the trigger side wobble. It's supposed to be only a 3 lbs pull now and much cleaner break, can't wait to go out and try it. I'm very pleased with the rifle's performance at long ranges. My magazine did break, so now it's a fastened, non-removable magazine, but it works. I'm looking forward to much more fun and games at the range.

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Welcome to the savage family
    Ackley was right all along

Welcome to the "Brotherhood of the Barrel Nut". I too have An Axis in 243 and recently ordered the same trigger kit from MCarbo. I hope to see it arrive in the next few days. Having had my Axis for a week now, I've only fired it out to 200 yards.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Team Savage
    welcome

I'm impressed with the MCARBO Savage trigger kit. They have the installation instructions in a video on their website. Hope you enjoy that.

thanks you all

I look forward to some epic conversations