Thread: PTG Bottom Metal with Boyds Pro Varmint Stock - 116 w/ bottom bolt release

Basic Member

PTG Bottom Metal with Boyds Pro Varmint Stock - 116 w/ bottom bolt release

First off I want to state that finding a reasonably priced stock that will fit the Savage Long Action with bottom bolt release, center feed with the latch on the mag is a giant PITA.

As CDI is no longer an option for bottom metal and I cannot find a Choate stock for the LA, center-feed in stock, I went ahead and purchased a Boyds Pro Varmint stock. The question I have is has anyone modified this stock to accept PTG bottom metal? I am probably going to have to install pillars in it and bed the heck out of it to get the same rigidity as a full aluminum block, but that isn't that much of an issue. My biggest concern is if I can run aftermarket bottom metal that will accept decent magazines.

Thanks!

Basic Member
    Nobody?

Are you after capacity or appearance? If Capacity you can use a stock frame and a Dark Eagle Customs magazine. They have a 10rd for the 30-06 sized cartridges and a 6 rounder for the Belted magnums.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Are you after capacity or appearance? If Capacity you can use a stock frame and a Dark Eagle Customs magazine. They have a 10rd for the 30-06 sized cartridges and a 6 rounder for the Belted magnums.
    More looking for dependability. This is going to be a target rifle and maybe a PRS gun.