Thread: Who has a 110 FP ?

Basic Member

Who has a 110 FP ?

I have a .308 older FP and besides the 10lb trigger in is a real shooter.

Anyone else have an opinion ?

Basic Member
    It looks like you have a pretty accurate rifle.

I have a 10 FP in .308 (2008 - 2009 vintage) that has an Accu-trigger and a hidden magazine.
    I set the Accu-trigger at 2 lbs. for target work and shot the heck out of it.
    It was a really good shooter also, but I wore the barrel after about 6,500 rounds.
    I bought it new but it had a pretty deep chamber (0.080 deeper than SAAMI) and the 6,500 rounds eroded the rifling another 0.090 so I had to load the rounds out past 2.970 to keep it shooting well.
    At that depth, I eventually got inconsistent neck tension and accuracy began to suffer so I replaced the barrel.
    Including the new barrel, it has well over 10,000 rounds through it now. I finally put a Bell & Carlson adjustable stock on it and it now shoots better than ever.

I assume you don't have an Accu-trigger model or else you wouldn't have that a 10 lb. trigger pull.
    You could always get a replacement trigger.

Basic Member
    Thank you for the reply. I did thin the trigger spring, it's just a thick strait wire and it's still in the 5 to 6 pound range but usable. When we still had steel plates at 500 yards it was fun to let anyone shoot it. The plates were 150 feet above the 200 yard target and the sound would echo across the valley and the shooter would laugh them selves to tears.

I just last week bought a used 110 in 30-06 and would like to look into changing the barrel to a FP style in 6,5X55 Swedish. So that i mostly why I'm here at savageshooters.com reading all I can find out about the job. Looks like I will need a barrel a stock and I'm not sure what else. A few tools and maybe a recoil lug.

Advice always helps too.

Cheers

Basic Member
    If your 110 FP has the old 3 screw trigger in it,you can adjust it down pretty low and still have a very safe firearm.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
    If your 110 FP has the old 3 screw trigger in it,you can adjust it down pretty low and still have a very safe firearm.
    I will have to pull out and have a look.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it has the three screw trigger. Shimming the sides of the trigger to reduce looseness is one enhancement for your trigger. The thiner wire is also good but is unsafe without the proper amount of preload.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Purchase a “Buzz Bait” lure and cut a new spring from it. As Robinhood stated be sure to preload the spring. The method I used on mine is to apply pressure to the spring as to create a visible arch in the spring (using the set screw). Of course test it as you go. This should help considerably in lowering the trigger weight.

Basic Member
    Another question about stocks. If I wanted to upgrade my 110, it has a large aluminum bedding block, and roughly 5" between the action screws what are my options ?

I'm a traditional kind of guy so no thumb holes or pistol drop grips.

Basic Member
    I know this will not be much help but there are lots of options. You will need to look for “long action, stagger feed blind mag”. If you want it quick then Boyd’s would be worth looking at although you would need to install pillars and bed it. If you want a high end stock and for many applications they are worth it, then be prepared to wait. They will also cost a good deal more.