Hey all. I bought a decent condition 99C in 308 a while back to set up for use in the Wisconsin deer woods. I've been struggling with getting it set up and sighted in, however, and am hoping for suggestions.

It came with 2pc Weaver bases #14 front and #19 rear. That all checked out fine and appears to be correct. I installed a new Leupold VX-3i 3.5x10 using Warne 201M Maxima Fixed rings and went to sight it in. First range trip shooting Hornady American Whitetail 165gr factory loads and I ran out of adjustment on the scope. Everything shot high/right but I had a fairly decent group at short range (25 yards to get on paper).

I switched the Weaver bases and Warne rings to a Leupold 1pc STD base and medium STD rings and returned to the range this morning. After getting on the paper at close range, I moved to 100 yards to sight in. I was using shooting bags and felt pretty good about my shots but man I had some wild inconsistencies. I typically shoot around 4x on these scopes but I even tried it dialed up. My last 2 shots on 4x sent me packing as one was about 2.5" - 3" high and an inch left and the last shot was 3" low and an inch right.

I've never had this kind of inconsistency before so I'm puzzled. The only thing I can thing of right now is that maybe the old girl just doesn't like these factory Hornady rounds?

Any suggestions much appreciated!!!!