Thread: Mark II trigger issues

Mark II trigger issues

I have a Mark II and when I quickly close the bolt the inner portion of the trigger locks up and will not allow the trigger to be pulled until the bolt is lifted up and then placed back down again slowly. If the bolt cycling is done quickly again the same issue happens again. I took the action out of the stock and can see what is happening thru the hole in the side of the trigger. When the bolt comes down fast it causes the sear? to go past where it is normally stopped till the inside portion of the trigger is pulled. When it goes past where it is supposed to stop it blocks the path where the inner portion of the trigger is supposed to pass. I do not see anywhere where an adjustment can be made to fix this. Is there a fix for this issue? This gun has only fired a box or two of ammo so it is nearly new, puzzled why it has the issue, a design flaw? Anyone seen this before?
    Thanks!!

Have you adjusted the trigger? Sounds like it is set too light of pull weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Jester

Basic Member
    Jester is right, it’s set too low. I will also add that I have a Savage 12 FTR with a very light trigger pull, when too light it will set the trigger off. To get around this Savage installs piece of rubber under the bolt where it contacts the lower half of the receiver. It eventually fell off so I bought some of those orange toilet gasket sheets from Lowes and put it in there. The gasket material is handy to have around anyway.

Is there and adjustment that I cannot see? There are a set of springs in the back but I was not able to see where I can adjust the tension of the trigger?
    Thanks!

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain