In my other post about fireforming Improved brass it seemed to be the concencus that load and shoot was the way to go, and that worked great in my 243AI. But the K-Hornet is having issues. I loaded up some new/virgin Hornet brass with a Seirra 45gr Hornet bullet over 9.8grs of H110 and a Rem 6 1/2 primer seated to 1.750 with no crimp. I fired 20 rounds total. 3 of those rounds the brass completely seperated in the middle of the case. about half of the ones the came out fine have the primers backed out. The other half the primers are still flush and showing no signs of preasure. The primers that bakced out are still rounded and are not flattened at all, just backed out. This barrel was installed by Wild West Guns of Alaska (so I was told by the previous owner who had the rechamber done) so i can't imagine that a very well know place like that would have headspaced it wrong, but anything is possible. This gun is a Savage Model 40 rechambered to the K-Hornet, so of course there is no barrel nut or anything that i can adjust headspace. Any thoughts guys? I just don't want to ruin 10% of my brass evey time I shoot. All 20 of the shots fired were pretty accurate, sub MOA. Going by my book and responses I got on my other post that load should be plenty mild but .....

I am just not sure where to go from here, or what else to check. I may post some pics of the brass tomorrow if that will help. Thanks in advance.