Thread: Axis AR magazine

Basic Member

Axis AR magazine

Hi,I知 new to the Axis I have a 6.5 CM and I知 wondering is there a way to switch out the magazine to an AR style.

Basic Member
    There is a company that manufactures custom bottom irons, (CDI precision) to accommodate ATI mag's only. They will not do any axis / Edge, or any other magazines. The outfit is local to me and I have been in the shop, spoken with the owner, etc , this is a dead end at this time. I wasted several weeks trying to find a Choate Machine "super Sniper" stock for the Edge / axis or somebody that would cut me one. No joy.

I have been looking at a Boyd's thumbhole varminter, with bottom drop magazine. Even though, I and several others here have had some less than stellar results lately, dealing with Boyd's. I found a cheap used one on evil bay, so that's what I'm building now.
    Mine started life as a .308,short magazine, but is morphing into a 25-'06 heavy barrel varminter, I'll easily change to a long (30-'06 and up) magazines, use the 3 shot mag's until I can either afford some factory 10 rounder's or fabricobble my own from HK or surplus magazines. several video's on you tube, how to do it. I have some pretty battered M-1A mag's that show some promise too. If you can fabricate and weld/braze, extending the stock mag's ain't that tough. I don't trust the Epoxy method shown.

If your Axis is a blind magazine, (solid bottom) that's a whole 'nother order of R&D fabricobbling and frustration. AFAIK there ain't no easy fix RIGHT NOW.

Chasing after market parts for the Edge / Axis is a bit like tracking smoke or herding cat's, it can be done, but it ain't easy...

Let us know if you find anything.

Paul in da swamp

Basic Member
    Ya I have been talking to Magpul think they might be doing something in the near future with the axis.