Thread: Savage 11 Stock Replacement for Kids

Basic Member

Savage 11 Stock Replacement for Kids

I have a savage 11 doa in a 7mm08. I am wanting a youth sized model that my kids can shoot. Would it be better to buy a youth sized rifle or find a replacement stock in a youth sized for my current gun. If I get a youth sized stock, where should I look?

Buy a pull off full size stock and have it cut to fit the child. When that gets short you can add a slip on recoil pad to get another year out of it. After that, put the original stock back on it.

Another option, buy a chassis that has enough adjustment to fit the child or buy one that takes AR furniture. Get a carbine stock for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Jester

Basic Member
    I'm thinking that if you put a light weight stock on a 7-08 it's going to be very challenging for a youth to shoot. Recoil alone may be enough to dislocate young tendons and joints. Perhaps a 223 in light weight stock would be a better introduction to the sport. Only one of three of my kids took a liking to the sport. Wish I could shoot as well as he does
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    Thanks for input. I already have a 223. I will look for a fun ol size stock replacement.

It's great that you're looking to make your Savage 11 more kid-friendly. I think buying a youth rifle or finding a replacement stock could work. It all depends on your budget and how much you want to invest. As for finding a rifle-sized stock, you can look it up on online forums or at gun stores in your area.