Thread: Axis recoil management.

Basic Member

Axis recoil management.

i haven't had a chance to examine the internals of an Axis. I don't think they use a recoil lug like a 110/10. Can someone describe how it is done. Also, would it be possible to use a recoil lub with an axis action in a 110 stock with a mortis cut out?

Basic Member
    Looked up the discussion in home articles. No need to respond

Basic Member
    My .223 Remington Axis has a 2 part recoil lug set up ... the lug is separate from the barrel and the 2 come together when the stock joins the barreled action.. so I used my dental equipment and supplies and glued the lug into the barreled action making it into one unit..and my targets show the results!!

[QUOTE=MaddHatter;459978o I used my dental equipment and supplies and glued the lug into the barreled action making it into one unit..and my targets show the results!![/QUOTE]

Interesting.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Interesting.

Yes it is. What type of adhesive did you use?

Yes, I'd like to know too. Seems like it would be too easy to glue the recoil lug to the barrel threads that show under the action? It wouldn't matter I guess if a barrel change is never contemplated.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddHatter View Post
    My .223 Remington Axis has a 2 part recoil lug set up ... the lug is separate from the barrel and the 2 come together when the stock joins the barreled action.. so I used my dental equipment and supplies and glued the lug into the barreled action making it into one unit..and my targets show the results!!

Can you show us some pictures of this???

Basic Member
    yes I can show pictures just gotta barrow a smart phone,,, as for gluing it together i guess its a misprint,, I used my denture acrylic fast cure (which anybody can buy from Ebay for about 20 bucks) and went at it as if it was a traditional bed job as a result the 2 peice lug stayed with the barrel as one unit..... if you dont mind pink color( which you don't see anyways) fast cure acrylic is da bomb!! as when you want to do a future re-barrel thats no problem either just thin the material and pick it out or just spin the barrel out normally ,,,, this material does NOT act like epoxy glue it actually will separate when needed to..

Quote Originally Posted by MaddHatter View Post
    yes I can show pictures just gotta barrow a smart phone,,, as for gluing it together i guess its a misprint,, I used my denture acrylic fast cure (which anybody can buy from Ebay for about 20 bucks) and went at it as if it was a traditional bed job as a result the 2 peice lug stayed with the barrel as one unit..... if you dont mind pink color( which you don't see anyways) fast cure acrylic is da bomb!! as when you want to do a future re-barrel thats no problem either just thin the material and pick it out or just spin the barrel out normally ,,,, this material does NOT act like epoxy glue it actually will separate when needed to..
    Thank you for the explanation, very interesting!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    I have pictures of the bedding job in Facebook at Russell Dooley @ white Cloud Michigan go look at them I cant post pics here cause I am new? dont know just cant do it.