Thread: spring, sear or both?

Basic Member

spring, sear or both?

I have an older LRPV and the trigger is OK, but I wish it were much lighter.
    Question,
    Is the difference between the target and varmint triggers the spring ,sear or both and how can I turn my LRPV trigger into the target trigger without buying the Rifle Basix trigger?

PaddyD,
    Longtime member Hotolds442 assembled this information and put it in an article that Jim saved in the FAQ centerfire section. Check it out!

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...r-Part-Numbers
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Team Savage
    Do you have the Accutrigger If so do a google search and there are several ways to get the regular accutrigger down to about 1.5 # just by changing or modifying springs.

Bill

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsekf View Post
    Do you have the Accutrigger If so do a google search and there are several ways to get the regular accutrigger down to about 1.5 # just by changing or modifying springs.

Bill
    It is an accutrigger, but not the same as the regular hunting rifle trigger. If I'm not mistaken it lies somewhere between your average accu and the target model trigger. I think I'm probably already @ 1.5 lbs

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    PaddyD,
    Longtime member Hotolds442 assembled this information and put it in an article that Jim saved in the FAQ centerfire section. Check it out!

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...r-Part-Numbers
    All good info, but Savage tells me they won't sell me the target trigger parts so I was wondering whether there were any options other than going out and spending the big bucks for a complete different trigger assy.

Banned
    Read my posts on the Accutrigger.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyD View Post
    All good info, but Savage tells me they won't sell me the target trigger parts so I was wondering whether there were any options other than going out and spending the big bucks for a complete different trigger assy.
    Ballpoint pen springs,
    Dave's posts,
    Youtube, or
    Gun Shack
    http://www.gunshack.com/savage-parts...able%20trigger
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    The Gunshack spring is actually the spring the Varmint Accutrigger uses. After buying several I compared them to varmint springs I had and found them to be the same. The red blade Target Accutrigger also utilizes a different sear, so a spring change will not be sufficient to get trigger pull down to ounces.

One fix that I've used is to buy a target accutrigger off the classifieds on this site. Members are always upgrading to new triggers and removing their red blade Target Accutriggers and selling them. Place a want to buy ad if you don't see any listed. Someone will probably soon respond. It's a 5 minute swap to replace one with the other.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Is the 12 fv a vermit action or basic?

Basic Member
    12FV comes with varmint spring...

Basic Member
    OP-

The Target AccuTrigger is different from the regular Accutrigger. They are not interchangeable. Savage does not want to sell you springs under any circumstance. Be careful of the RifleBasix trigger. You might find a wobble side to side after installation and then you will need to play the shim game to eliminate or lessen it and that is going to be a complete PITA.

Banned
    I don’t think shimming is a pita at all. Measure with a feeler gauge and order or make the appropriate sized shims. I do this on every Accutrigger I set up anyway. Wouldn’t expect it any better/worse/indifferent with a RifleBasix.