Thread: Looking for magazine latch

Looking for magazine latch

Hello members. I am new here and am looking for a magazine latch that was used on some of Savage's 110B series rifles. Ser J,K and Mod 110D SerJK On Numrich Arms site's schematic it is listed as Key number 72. I have the hinged floor plate's other parts, 66,67,68,69,71,73. But the latch was out of stock. And in my contact with NA, it is not likely to be restocked. I have checked with Brownells, Midway, PTG, and other suppliers of parts, including Savage themselves with no luck.

So, figured there must be an internet forum on Savage and found you all. I would like to post a pic of the schematic I am referring to and of the latch itself but I do not see here how I can. Thanks to anyone in advance replying. This hinged floor plate system and its latch seem to be not a part of the trigger guard but a separate assembly. Let me know if you have the part and are willing to part with it (pun intended)

I am able to post a link: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/146780

Larry

Hello again Everyone, while I was not able to post a photo of the schematic itself, and shows # 72. I am able to post a link to it. Hopefully between my two posts and the two links, you all will know what it is I am in need of and be able to tell whether you have it. Thank you again, Larry

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man.../110b-series-j

Basic Member
    You have a better chance at winning the lottery than finding that part, because not many of those hit the streets. That early version of the hinged floor plate system was short lived after it was discovered that it liked to "self open" under recoil. Subsequently, Savage could not remedy the problem, but did salvage the rest of production by using a rigid steel floor plate to cover the mag well. That's because they already had a good supply of stocks intended for the hinged floor plate with an open mag well. Once those stocks were used up, they went back to blind mags.
    If you don't find that part, I do have a steel cover plate that will make it functional.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Sharpshooter thank you so much for the reply and the information. Interesting. I am having a rifle built and am wanting to use this assembly as a hatch for a 'tool box' built into the underside of the stock. Holding allen wrenches to adjust cheek piece, tighten scope rings, etc. I will be interested in your steel cover plate. Message me and we can do that. Thank you again. I've looked all over and tend to agree that I'll win the lottery first. I've a couple other solutions in mind, but, with your steel cover plate, my options are open. Larry