Good afternoon, I wanted to share some info & pics on a project I’ve been working on. I’ve been a TC Contender & Encore shooter for over 25 years. Never played with the bolt pistol world. This was a project to see how much I would like the platform. As it has turned out I love it and will begin working on a virgin Savage 10 pistol build in 6.5 Grendel.

I took a Savage 12fv in 223 that I had to Shultz Precision Rifles (he’s very local to me and done great work for me). JR cut the barrel to 17” and threaded the barrel for me. I then started the work on the Choate Ultimate Varmit stock, cut it down with a hack saw and began the dremel/sanding work. Dremel’ed the rough parts and then started on the belt sander getting the final shape I wanted, then the final sanding. I started with 220 grit and worked down to 800 grit. I got a 3D printed single shot sled from “andrewsben” over on accurate shooters forums, he sells them on eBay. He’s printed me a bright orange sled that is sand to fit your stock inletting blind magazine, and fitting was super smooth and easy. It’s a large setup with the long barrel, but this was a very economical way for me to try the bolt pistol route. Hoping to head to the range this week and see how it shoots, mostly as a bench toy from bipod/sand bags but may use it hunting some ground hogs and coyotes on the local farms. Here’s some pics of the process...

Cutting...

Dremel work...

Fitting/testing the feel...

Final shaping after belt sander and hand sanding...

Single shot sled installed...

Finished pics with Bushnell Elite Tactical 10x40mm scope on top...