Thread: Tyson from NC...

Tyson from NC...

Hey...I’m own a few Savages and just recently picked up a stainless 6.5 Axis II. I need some help from someone with a better knowledge of this rifle than I do. I’m trying to mount a DNZ 52100 scope base and a Leupold scope with a 1” tube. And I’m trying to order a new cds dial and Leupold wants the measurement from the center of the rifle barrel to the center of the scope. Typically 1.5-1.75 inches I believe the distance from the top of the receiver to the center line of the scope is 1.05, what would the measurement to the center of the barrel be? Thanks and if this needs to be reposted someplace else please let me know.
    Last edited by Tyson1fishing; 07-06-2019 at 08:19 PM. Reason: to make my post more clear

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson1fishing View Post
    Hey...I’m own a few Savages and just recently picked up a stainless 6.5 Axis II. I need some help from someone with a better knowledge of this rifle than I do. I’m trying to mount a DNZ 52100 scope base and a Leupold scope with a 1” tube. And I’m trying to order a new cds dial and Leupold wants the measurement from the center of the rifle barrel to the center of the scope. Typically 1.5-1.75 inches I believe the distance from the top of the receiver to the center line of the scope is 1.05, what would the measurement to the center of the barrel be? Thanks and if this needs to be reposted someplace else please let me know.
    Here's what I can tell you...

if you have a dial caliper, take the dimension at the thickest point of the barrel and divide by 2....

measure from the top of the barrel to top of the receiver and add that measurement assuming a properly machined receiver, a good 4' level is your friend...

add the distance to the center of the new scope, this should be available from DNZ (1.05)

I looked for the dimensions on the axis II and had no luckon schematics. :/

you should have the total from the axis of the bore to the crosshair at this point...

I'm in Sanford, and have a pretty solid history of getting scopes right, if I can help, LMK...

Team Savage
    welcome

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Welcome to the savage family
    Ackley was right all along

Basic Member
    Welcome