Thread: Possibly New To Me MSR15

Possibly New To Me MSR15

I have an opportunity to purchase a like new MSR15 but know very little about them. I have several other brands of the AR platform including a Ruger 556, (not to be confused with the AR 556), Colt Sporter II, and Bushmaster Patrolman Carbine but have not had any experience with the MSR15. Are they made here in the USA and what is the good & bad about this model? It has a Nikon P-223 scope & a nice bi-pod. All comments welcmed. Thanks.

It has some proprietary stuff on it. Someone will be along soon to follow up.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    It has some proprietary stuff on it. Someone will be along soon to follow up.
    The MSR15's are pretty much mil-spec AR15's. Only thing that may be different is the barrel nut.

MSR10's are a whole other story as Savage shortened the receivers making the bolt carrier group and charging handle proprietary, and they for certain have a unique barrel nut.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Has there been a history of functioning or accuracy issues with the MSE10? My wife's son has a real lemon Axis in .308 cal. It has been back to Savage three times and the best group attained @ 100 yards has been around 3 to 4 inches with multiple brands/bullet weights, etc. of quality ammunition. He is a very good & experienced marksman.

As you can see from this forum board there hasn't been a ton of talk about the MSR's since they launched. Figure most guys who buy them probably head to AR15.com as it's more specific to that format of rifle. All I can say is that the MSR10 Hunter in .308 I got in for review last year was a heck of a shooter when I did my part, and my buddy who ended up buying it continues to get great accuracy from it. I know, it's only a sampling of one, but that's the only one I've pulled a trigger on.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Thanks.