Thread: Boyd stock on B22 FV

Boyd stock on B22 FV

This is a great shooting rifle but the plastic stock is to flexible when shooting over a rest, which is what I primarily do.
    I ordered a Boyd Heritage stock for my FV right hand action that I shoot left handed. Does not fit the receiver width. Emailed Boyd and they said I did not check their tech spec numbers. Actually I did but there is no dimension for the receiver width, and there is .012 interference. They said the choice was return and pay restocking fee or modify and void the warranty. I thought this was a little arrogant, but did get them to agree that I could sand it down without voiding the warranty. Got the receiver in deep enough to get mounting screws to engage threads, not sure it is in all of the way.
    Now the magazine won't seat/engage. I am going to try Boyd again.
    Has anyone else used a Boyd on a B22? I asked Boyd if any one has been successful but they wouldn't say.

I really don't like synthetic stocks but the new B22 stocks are a big improvement over past savage stocks. I shoot my B22 22mag with just a front bag, I just try and keep the bag as far back as possible and I get good results. I have a few Boyds stocks but not for the new B series, their ok as I could take them or leave them. Maybe Boyds rushed that new product to market without the proper specs.

I have a similar question. I've got a B22 FV-SR and the stock leaves a lot to be desired, especially the comb height. I ended up using foam and Vetwrap to build it up to a reasonable height. I've read some good things about the Pro Varmint, but they call the heavy barrel a Bull Barrel in the configurator. I contacted Boyd's just to make sure that they mean the heavy/varmint barrel that Savage puts in the FV-SR. Boyd's would not say yes or no, just told me to check the specs. The problem is that I'm not able to find the specs to match them. Anyone know where they can be found?