Hi all.

I recently got a Rascal for my daughter and was having a lot of light primer strikes. I looked at a DITY about touching up the firing pin. While it appears Savage may have made a revision as the face of my firing pin looks narrower than the one shown, I did work on the breech strike surface a bit, as it strikes pretty shallow on a case. It still extends past the strike surface of the pin... but should provide a deeper strike and hopefully cure it's issue.

To the point... When I tried to get the roll pin out (my older Savage had a solid one) I managed to dork it up and it cracked and flattened out. I checked a few spots like Nurmich and I didn't see parts for the gun. I figure I might be able to get a replacement from Savage and got their number to call next week... but didn't know if there was a standard size Savage is using on all their modern guns and I could just snag a bag. I just can't find a part or physical description of the pin at all to purchase replacements.

It's the, "firing pin retaining roll pin".

https://adigaarmory.com/2017/06/04/fixing-savage-rascal-light-primer-strikes/

Fingers crossed my ignition problems will be solved. I tried CCI blazers, Rem thunderbolts and CCI quiets. I got about 75% igition out of the Blazers and Thunderbolts and 1/3-1/2 ignition on the Quiets on their first strike. Just got to get a suitable pin to finish reassembly. Thanks!