Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jard aftermarket triggers

Banned

What the Jard has over any other trigger is being equipped with a NEW Sear. My preference for the stock Accutrigger has been, in part, BECAUSE of this very thing! I’ve never understood an aftermarket trigger system which still uses the crappy stock sear. So I’ve always preferred just stoning the edges flat & setting up the stocker.

But the Jard cures this issue by replacing the crappy stamped metal sear with a nicely machined alloy steel unit. Very nicely done! I still don’t believe I’ll be swayed, as I prefer the “hint” of 2-stage feel the Accutrigger provides. I do however, certainly see the allure of the Jard. And it seems the hands down winner for those using their Savage in competition.

Dave, I agree with what you say. However I cant do it without shimming and or larger pin. The rocking of the factory trigger drives me nuts. I have threaded pins that fit the pivot hole tighter using the nut to close down the side play and been happy. Made shims out of soda can material to stop side play. All of those I have been happy with. None of the non Accutrigger compared to a SSS trigger safety wise. Like you say the pin on the side of the bolt requires that Savage make some crappy stamped steel sear that makes an aftermarket trigger either need to address the issue or use a savage piece. That drives the cost up for a maker to make it right. Jards original Savage trigger also had a redesigned sear. They are the only ones that address that issue. I do think the SSS unit would sell for more than it did with the Jard charging Trigger Tech Diamond Prices.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Oh absolutely! Same here...the slop in the stocker is unbearable. So, gets shimmer obviously. I use custom made brass shims as in the pic below. Haven’t tried a new pin though. Also, I do understand that while easy it is for people like you & I Robin, most are not equipped with the knowledge and/or tooling to perform a trigger job. Most anyone can swap springs, and use a Dremel/sandpaper on the parts, but a custom trigger set up is a different story.

Yes, I did come across the original Jard trigger as well. Sure enough, it uses its own sear as well. I wonder if that one is still available. But you said it brother! The price of the new Jard is too rich for my blood.

Basic Member
    Robinhood, PM Sent

After several weeks of playing phone tag with Dean, I can finally say I've got one of their triggers en route for review.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    After several weeks of playing phone tag with Dean, I can finally say I've got one of their triggers en route for review.
    Excellent. As always we can be assured of a well thought out and fair assessment. Looking forward to it.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    This is excellent news. Therefore, instead of attempting an amateur review, I will yield to J Baker to do a proper, thorough review that He is known for.

Banned
    Looking forward to reading your review Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenGuy View Post
    This is excellent news. Therefore, instead of attempting an amateur review, I will yield to J Baker to do a proper, thorough review that He is known for.
    If you still want to do one that's cool with me, or you could send me a paragraph or two with your final impressions and I can include that in my article as well to provide a second view point.

Jim
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I will be interested to see if it will fit into an accustock -

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter0302 View Post
    I will be interested to see if it will fit into an accustock -
    Won't be able to help you there as I don't own an AccuStock rifle. However, they offer their newest design in both top and bottom bolt release versions and with the AccuStock having been around awhile now I would imagine it would.

blvedere...the Jard part # for the 7oz to 12oz spring is “1616”

“. “. “. “. “. “. 13oz to 18oz spring is “1059”

Call 712 324 7409, You will probably talk to Dean Van Marel. I am confident He can provide what You need.

I now have the safety bar installed, and My trigger has settled out to a 7oz pull weight. I cannot make it slam fire or bump fire. I have found it to be like the SSS trigger, and others, the sear engagement setting is perhaps more important to the pull weight than the trigger spring.

There is a “but”. The trigger has creep. I have not been able to get it out or reduce it. I will continue to work on it.

Good Luck

edit...I touched all the screws with blue locktite after final adjustment. Hopefully, this will keep everything as it is.
    Got in touch with Jard and got a replacement trigger spring, only cost me $8.40. So much for customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Won't be able to help you there as I don't own an AccuStock rifle. However, they offer their newest design in both top and bottom bolt release versions and with the AccuStock having been around awhile now I would imagine it would.
    Was looking at Jard's website today and it clearly notes that installing this trigger in an AccuStock will require some minor inletting for clearance in those stocks. So, if you have an AccuStock you'll need a Dremel and small grinding stone to remove a bit of the aluminum skeleton for clearance.

Basic Member
    Jim, the only thing I can add to what I have already posted is, I have not been able to get the creep out of the trigger. The safety slide bar, provided by Jard, does not have an adjustment screw in it like the older Savages. The bar has a good bit of up and down slop, and I’m speculating this could contribute to the creep. Or maybe I need to work more with the safety adjustment screw? So far, for a trigger that cost more than a Triggertech, it does not break like glass. I’m looking forward to Your evaluation and review, and will hopefully find out what I am missing or doing wrong.

Thanks, GG

Jim, the only thing I can add to what I have already posted is, I have not been able to get the creep out of the trigger. The safety slide bar, provided by Jard, does not have an adjustment screw in it like the older Savages. The bar has a good bit of up and down slop, and I’m speculating this could contribute to the creep. Or maybe I need to work more with the safety adjustment screw? So far, for a trigger that cost more than a Triggertech, it does not break like glass. I’m looking forward to Your evaluation and review, and will hopefully find out what I am missing or doing wrong.

Thanks, GG
    For a trigger that cost as much as this one, I don't think you should have to keep tweeking on it to make it work as advertised. Just my opinion in comparing it to a SSS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12