Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jard aftermarket triggers

Basic Member

Jard aftermarket triggers

Does anyone here have real world experience with the Jard aftermarket trigger for Savage 110 series rifles? Have used the older SSS Competition trigger (no longer in production) and Rifle Basix SAV-2 before, but saw Jard now offers a replacement that will adjust well down into ounces for the pull weight. This is for a mid '90's pre accutrigger Model 12FV. Thanks in advance.

I would also like to hear of any one using the Jard trigger. I have both the SSS and the Sav2 on my Savage target rifles. It would be hard to beat the SSS, but never felt comfortable with the Sav2.

It just came out. It is twice the price of previous savage target triggers. Give it a week or two!
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

I have one, installed on accutrigger action with no problems. Tried it on non accutrigger & it will not fit. The accutrigger safety is .248" top to bottom & the non accutrigger is approx. .305''. The accu safety did fit & function in the non accutrigger, without the safety button. I am thinking the non accutrigger will work, if .060'' give or take is taken off bottom of safety, spring & screw removed, three notches put in safety to match accutrigger. The Jard comes with the safety spring in the assy. Having both safeties on hand to compare may make this easier to comprehend. Installing of the Jard in accutrigger is very easy, remove trigger & bracket, sear & spring ,they are not used, install trigger using original trigger pin & adjust.

Basic Member
    How does the Jard compare with the SAV2 set for about 8 oz.

Team Savage
    Do some internet searching. There are several discussions about the NEW Jard Savage replacement trigger. The customer support is supposed to be great as well as the engineering. Keep in mind that Jard offers 2 Savage replacements, the newest one even uses a replacement sear rather than the pressed steel Savage sear and is a lever trigger. I understand the only origional part you use is the pin.

Team Savage

Basic Member
    I am very interested in this in the 6oz model for BR target shooting. The price is a shocker. But if it performs like a Jewel or B&A in a Savage, I guess it could be worth it.

IF it truly is a contained unit that needs NO Savage parts other than the mounting pin, IE; "plug & play" then it will be worth it to me.

Basic Member
    So, what is the result? Are these things any good?

Trying to get one of these in for review but I can't seem to get a response back from Jard.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Trying to get one of these in for review but I can't seem to get a response back from Jard.
    hey aren't the best at "prompt" reply's , at least that was my experences when I asked about the Savage trigger as well as when I tried to get their AR trigger to work

Basic Member
    I just got this new trigger, and the information posted by others is for the most part accurate. Some things have changed from the way it was first announced. Instead of being sold in specific weights, it is now offered in 7 to 12oz, or 13 to 18oz. It is also offered in top bolt release or bottom bolt release. I ”think” the bottom bolt release is used for Accutrigger models, but I’m not sure about that, all my actions are top release. My safeties are 3 position, but as mentioned above, the bar is too thick to work with this trigger. Savage must have made a different safety bar some were along the way that I have not seen?

I received the trigger extremely fast after ordering. I installed it and had some questions. I called Jard and spoke to Dean. We had a very productive conversation. I am convinced Jard wants to produce the best trigger possible for Savages. This trigger has no stamped out sheet metal parts, and is well made. Therefore, the cost was $227.45 to My door.

Dean gave Me some tips on setting the pull weight, and I currently have it set at 8ozs. So far, I can’t make it slam or bump fire. I have great hopes for this trigger and I am convinced Jard is commitment to helping us get what We need. We should work with them.

If we can’t get or don’t have the proper Savage safety bar, Jard offers it as a quality made, machined part, for $49.95+$5.95 shipping. We are now at $283.35 for this trigger. People say “we get what we pay for”. I say “I hope I get what I pay for”. So far this looks to be the solution I hoped for. We may need to help Jard smooth some things out along the way, but I’m ok with that.

Looking forward to hearing from others. Thanks

What stock are you going to use ??

Basic Member
    Stock? Well, I have a choice of all the usual suspects, but at this time, I am modifying a 12fv stock into a bench rest stock. Go ahead, laugh. The new trigger fits in there just fine. If that’s why You ask ?

Quote Originally Posted by GrenGuy View Post
    Stock? Well, I have a choice of all the usual suspects, but at this time, I am modifying a 12fv stock into a bench rest stock. Go ahead, laugh. The new trigger fits in there just fine. If that’s why You ask ?

I askl, because there is "notice" on the NSS 's site that says the Rifle Baxis -2 WILL NOT fit in the A$$USTOCK, Since I only shoot from a bench too, maybe I need to look for a stock that my un trained termites { Dermal & EZ Cut tools} can get the Tactical Bbl. action to fit into.

Basic Member
    I don’t have any Accustocks or Bottom Bolt releases, and I don’t intend to. I like the old stuff. A while back I looked into an Accustock, and had a bid in on one on eBay. I didn’t get it, and after thoroughly looking into it, I decided it was not for Me. Pillar bedding is what I prefer.

I just got this new trigger, and the information posted by others is for the most part accurate. Some things have changed from the way it was first announced. Instead of being sold in specific weights, it is now offered in 7 to 12oz, or 13 to 18oz. It is also offered in top bolt release or bottom bolt release. I ”think” the bottom bolt release is used for Accutrigger models, but I’m not sure about that, all my actions are top release. My safeties are 3 position, but as mentioned above, the bar is too thick to work with this trigger. Savage must have made a different safety bar some were along the way that I have not seen?

I received the trigger extremely fast after ordering. I installed it and had some questions. I called Jard and spoke to Dean. We had a very productive conversation. I am convinced Jard wants to produce the best trigger possible for Savages. This trigger has no stamped out sheet metal parts, and is well made. Therefore, the cost was $227.45 to My door.

Dean gave Me some tips on setting the pull weight, and I currently have it set at 8ozs. So far, I can’t make it slam or bump fire. I have great hopes for this trigger and I am convinced Jard is commitment to helping us get what We need. We should work with them.

If we can’t get or don’t have the proper Savage safety bar, Jard offers it as a quality made, machined part, for $49.95+$5.95 shipping. We are now at $283.35 for this trigger. People say “we get what we pay for”. I say “I hope I get what I pay for”. So far this looks to be the solution I hoped for. We may need to help Jard smooth some things out along the way, but I’m ok with that.

Looking forward to hearing from others. Thanks
    Bought the Jard 3 lever trigger and could not get pull weight lower than 1 pound 1 ounce, ended up screwing up the trigger spring. Emailed Jard trying to get a replacement spring with no luck. put my accurizer trigger back in and it works better than the Jard. If I had it to do over I would not buy the Jard trigger.

Basic Member
    ^ I don’t know why You had the communication problem, but I had no problem calling Jard and getting answers and solutions. Others on the net have spoken highly of Jards customer service.

It's been my experience dealing with them in the past regarding one of their AR triggers, is that they are really slow in answering e mail's, call them

Quote Originally Posted by blvedere View Post
    Bought the Jard 3 lever trigger and could not get pull weight lower than 1 pound 1 ounce, ended up screwing up the trigger spring. Emailed Jard trying to get a replacement spring with no luck. put my accurizer trigger back in and it works better than the Jard. If I had it to do over I would not buy the Jard trigger.
    If you want to get rid of it let me know. I have a friend.............

Thanks for the offer, but don't need to get rid of it at this time. Am going to try and get a replacement trigger spring with a lower trigger pull. I have a couple of Fred's triggers (SSS) and find them hard to beat, had a couple more on order when he stopped making them. I paid $160 for one and $ 187 for the other. I think the Jard is more cosmetic appealing than functionally any better,although you can't buy any more SSS.

Basic Member
    blvedere...the Jard part # for the 7oz to 12oz spring is “1616”

“. “. “. “. “. “. 13oz to 18oz spring is “1059”

Call 712 324 7409, You will probably talk to Dean Van Marel. I am confident He can provide what You need.

I now have the safety bar installed, and My trigger has settled out to a 7oz pull weight. I cannot make it slam fire or bump fire. I have found it to be like the SSS trigger, and others, the sear engagement setting is perhaps more important to the pull weight than the trigger spring.

There is a “but”. The trigger has creep. I have not been able to get it out or reduce it. I will continue to work on it.

Good Luck

edit...I touched all the screws with blue locktite after final adjustment. Hopefully, this will keep everything as it is.

blvedere...the Jard part # for the 7oz to 12oz spring is “1616”

“. “. “. “. “. “. 13oz to 18oz spring is “1059”

Call 712 324 7409, You will probably talk to Dean Van Marel. I am confident He can provide what You need.

I now have the safety bar installed, and My trigger has settled out to a 7oz pull weight. I cannot make it slam fire or bump fire. I have found it to be like the SSS trigger, and others, the sear engagement setting is perhaps more important to the pull weight than the trigger spring.

There is a “but”. The trigger has creep. I have not been able to get it out or reduce it. I will continue to work on it.

Good Luck

edit...I touched all the screws with blue locktite after final adjustment. Hopefully, this will keep everything as it is.
    Gren, Would you mind doing a review with pictures. If Jim makes it an article he would probably store the pictures on the site.

Basic Member
    Robinhood...let Me see what I can put together. I’ll be in touch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast